Just back from 12/29/05 Galaxy

tawcat

Irons are not allowed in the cabins because of the fire hazzard. I used to bring one but now I don't even though I couldn't even imagine myself leaving an iron on! I use a curling iron - not much difference, but it's not worth it to have to be hiding something like that. The price to have clothing pressed is 1/2 the price of laundrying. There is a list posted somewhere of the laundry prices.

We took on 7 bottles of wine in our carry on- no questions...we went on Charlies tour in Costa Rica for $49 that was GREAT...really enjoyed it. We rented a jeep in Cozemel....just walked up on the pier. We drove around the island...it was beautiful. We did the ships ferry tour thru the canal....we liked it, very interesting....Grand Cayman, we went to 7 mile beach $2.00 each, then took the Pirates city tour...saw Oprah's house, Bill Gates new house in construction...etc. We liked it. The ship was fine...needs some repairs on the pool deck, sink in the room was stained, but it was nice. We were in 9186...great location....great price....$1065 each with everything included. We enjoyed the ship and the days at sea. We needed a REST. I would hold off on getting any spa treatments until later...they were offering 60% off of treatments 1/2 way thru. Drinks were very expensive. We did buy beer and brought it back on from one of the ports. No problems. The crowd was younger than was previously posted on this website. A good amount of children and college kids. Alot of families traveling...maybe because it was Christmas break. Many days it was difficult to get a deck chair. I did not feel the need to wear my best swimwear with matching coverups...just a real relaxing/comfortable time. We LOVED IT. This was our first time on Celebrity...we have been on several cruises all around the world...we were not overly impressed with Celebrity. People did dress at dinner.

Stan---great pictures. We saw our smiling faces with you all in them. We too really enjoyed the Charlie Soto tour.

Marie--will echo Stan's comments, hope no problems with that ankle.

The ferry tour through the canal is super, like they said. We did that on the 04-05 trip we took. This year we did the tour up to Portobello for something new. Would recommend that also for those that have already been through the canal. But do the canal first, it is not to be missed.

We are cleaned up, and ready to pack again...off to the west coast and the Mexican Riveria.

We sure did enjoy being with you all on our tour with Charlie.

hey there, glad to hear you enjoyed the cruise. just read a post by ricci, so sorry his family did not have fun!!!!! oh well, like i had said in the van, ya just can't please everyone!

i am sure everyone has their highlight of the cruise, ours i think was the lunch at the beach with charlie. i can't get over the how much food we were given and so reasonable! ofcourse we loved the ferry tour as well. as things go for us, i don't think we have ever been on a cruise we hated.

have fun on your next trip and maybe we will meet again on board. have some more pics to add and as soon as i get them up i will post a quick message here. our email is: plentyofpaws@comcast.net. drop us a note sometime.

have fun, lee & stan

Marie here....yes ankle is better....for those of you who do not know the story, on Charlie's tour I fell on the wooden step that was placed on the ground to step into the mini van. It did not stop any thing we did.

We were off the boat by 9:30 in the bus back to Hobby, arrived at 11:00 AM, found out I am on the terrorist list. NICE....I find that very odd, since I mostly fly on our Corporate Jet's. Go figure.

But, we had a GREAT TIME with you all. Hope your dancing is good.

Take care.

Marie

Marie-glad the ankle is better, and gave you no further problems. And glad to see you found the CC boards. They are fun... However did you get on that list?? Bet you got a good pat down and luggage search. Sneaky one you are. Never would have thought it.:p Hope you got yourself off the list.

Stan---will watch for your next posting of pictures, but in case your post comes up while we are gone, and thread drops off the boards, I copied your email address. If I can't find the pix, will email and ask where they are. Good for you with ricci and family...that sounds like an unhappy family. They missed something somewhere. We also, have 1 Carnival on our list...that was enough. I will leave town and leave that thread alone. See if it is still there when we get back.

We head to the airport tomorrow..suitcases are packed and ready to go. We are also. We have never been on the Mexican Riviera and looking forward to it.

just want to echo a comment made by swing24, she and her dh were one of the couples in our party. her dh eneded up in a wheelchair about day 5 or 6. everyone on the ship were most courteous. however, panama was a nightmare. no problem tendering or taking the ferry. the problem was when got to cristobal. the two ramps getting back on the ship went from ground level to deck 5. the ramps had little helper steps so it was virtually impossible to wheel a chair. even without those little steps, trying to push a chair up to deck 5 would be a feat in its own.

celebrity's solution was to have staff members on the pier to assist. wish i had a photo to show ya'll, but try to visualize this. a man in a wheelchair being carried, yes carried, by four young men that grabbed hold of the chair and lifted and carried.

think "X" really needs to consider having a ramp entering at a much lower deck so as to enable one to push a chair from ground level back onto the ship.

at any rate, kudos goes out to "X" for doing the magnificent job they did. hats off to those four young men!!!!

How formal is the dining room? On the formal nights I plan on wearing a suit but on the 3 nights where a coat and tie are suggested, I plan on dress slacks and a shirt (no tie) like I wear to work everyday. Any problem?
That's clearly not what Celebrity has requested, nor would it therefore be appropriate. Haven't you got a couple of sport coats you could toss into your suitcase?

How formal is the dining room? On the formal nights I plan on wearing a suit but on the 3 nights where a coat and tie are suggested, I plan on dress slacks and a shirt (no tie) like I wear to work everyday. Any problem?

for formal nights i wore a tux, on the semi formal nights i wore slacks, a dress tee, you know those silky ones and a sport coat. wore the same coat all 3 nights, i did have a different shirt however.

you will see everything, from really casual to really dressed to the nines. sad to say on formal night we saw folks that probably either didn't care or just didn't catch the drift of "formal."

Archived