Another Freedom of the Seas Hump Balcony question

tispwisp

OK. I know that nobody has any first hand experience with these cabins since it hasn't sailed yet; however, perhaps some of you who have sailed in the Voyager class hump balconies may be able to shed some light.

I am thinking about booking either 9638 or 9338 (junior suites) on the Freedom for DH's 50th birthday next year. SHHHHH, it's a surprise! :D We have not yet sailed the Voyager class so hence the question! Looking at the floor plan and reading these boards, I know that on the Voyager class there is a wall that separates the junior suites from the elevators and stairs. It looks like on the Freedom 9638 and 9338 open directly into the centrum area. While I really really like the thought of being at the end of the hump, I am a little concerned about the noise from the Centrum area. Anybody have any thoughts?

I know that these cabins are most certainly booked now, but I'm hoping to snatch one when the 2007 summer sailing schedule opens!

Thanks for any info!!! :)

I had the same question when I booked, and I was told that there WILL be a wall seperating the cabins from the centrum area. I was told this by someone at RCCL, and we all know how reliable they can be. But I decided to do aft corner instead. Not sure if this has answered your question, but I hope it helps a little. I am not sure what kind of answer you will get until she sails. My advice is to book it, and then once she sails ask the question again. That way you can always change if you need to.

Fitz - that does help somewhat. I hope that's true! I was debating about a corner aft as well (love aft cabins!); however, after looking at everyone's pictures of the aft cabins, I was very concerned about the view through all of the metal infrastructure. That's why I'm leaning towards a hump junior suite (that and actually having a bathtub! :D )

Archived