Would love feedback on Christmas cruises

chrismch

We're planning a Danube river cruise to see the Christmas sights and would love to read some thoughts of others who've done this recently. We've seen several different lines that do this and don't know the pluses and minuses of which one to choose. What are your suggestions? :p

We did the Danube Christmasmarkets from Nurnberg to Vienna with 3 night post in Vienna with Grand Circle December 5 to 16th, 2005.

I just posted our pictures (my wife and I both have digital cameras) in a thread on this board. I'm working on a review and should have it done by the end of the week.

We were part of a group of 24 and most of us thought Grand Circle did a good job. There's always somebody that's not satisfied, but the rest of us would not hesitate to go with GCT again. And their prices are lower than most others.

Will post the review here when ready.

If you have any specific questions, email me at thirdparty@tampabay.rr.com

We were on the Grand Circle Christmas Markets on the Rhine the beginning of December. Loved it all! There were a few small things that I didn't care for, but nothing is ever perfect and I just didn't let it get to me. Would love to do this trip again. All I can say is bring an extra suitcase for all the treasures you will buy in the markets.

Pam

We did our Christmas Cruise from Prague to Vienna on the Symphony. It was our second trip on this ship and the Synphony again did not disappoint us. The cabins at 160 sq.ft. are one of the biggest offered by any river boat and the crew, the food and onboard entertainmant were just outstanding. The weather was also on our side and the temperatures were bearable. The shopping at the Christmas markets with its incredible veriety of goods - especially the one in Nueremberg - was quite an experience. We have never been on a river during this time of the year and we liked the daily gatherings in the lounge, sipping hot spiced wine and exchanging shopping experiences with our fellow cruisers. We also booked our cruise again through UET ( *****amade1.html )

and got a great price.

Archived