Help!!!

cruisinjean

I have been reading all the boards and don't know what to do. We are a group of 24...ages 9-63 flying into FLL on Aug. 5th to cruise the Valor out of Miami on the 6th. Would you recommend a one night stay in FLL or MIA? If so, what hotel for this amount of people? Also, I am assuming a shuttle would be the way to go??? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I have been reading all the boards and don't know what to do. We are a group of 24...ages 9-63 flying into FLL on Aug. 5th to cruise the Valor out of Miami on the 6th. Would you recommend a one night stay in FLL or MIA? If so, what hotel for this amount of people? Also, I am assuming a shuttle would be the way to go??? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Stay in Miami.

With 24 people, contact a limo company and arrange for your own private transportion. Probably not limos but a private shuttle of some sorts.

What is your budget and number of people per room? You would be best off finding a hotel then calling them directly to set up a block of rooms and have each guest make their own reservations. You should get a group discount.

For 24 you will most likely need a bus, contact http://www.larryslimo.com or http://www.floridalimo.com

Even though there is more of a choice of good hotels near the airport in Fort Lauderdale, I would travel as a group to a hotel in Downtown Miami near the Port. Then in the morning, each family group could take their own taxi to the ship. It'll be close and cheap.

In August you should be able to get a very good price anywhere. One of the most convenient and nicest hotels is the Intercontinental on Chopin Plaza. This is the unamed 5 star hotel at http://www.easyclicktravel.com (look for wording close to Bayside and Port of Miami) and would probably be available around $100 per night, although maybe not this far in advance.

I would also consider Priceline for a 4 star in the Downtown Miami zone which will usually get you the Intercontinental or the Hyatt for under $100. Once the first person in your group hits, then everyone else should be able to get the same hotel for the same price.

Archived