Where to get cruise info

gardencat

I don't know if this is a reasonable request or not but thought I'd ask.

We are booked on the Century in the fall. I have noticed that for some reason the week we are going seems to be much more sold out than the cruise just previous or just after. Since I can't figure out why this should be, I began to wonder if maybe some group has booked a big block of cabins on our cruise.

Really this doesn't make a lot of difference to me except a) I'm curious and b) I like to be prepared. For example If we are sharing the ship with a large group of nudists I could save luggage space from clothes and try to smuggle more alcohol aboard [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] if it is a group of bird watchers I'll be sure to pack my binoculars so I can fit in etc.
Is there anyway I can find out if any one group is booked on a particular cruise?

(Okay I admit if it is a group of prohibitionists I might want to change my cruise (sorry if this offends anyone).)

Spender nui
Hadn't thought of that but thanks for the idea. Gives a whole new dimension to 'bird watching'. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Sweet sheep
We are on the October 2nd Century Eastern Caribbean cruise. It seems to have much less availability than other cruises in Sept. or Oct. yet we are getting little action on the roll call board.
This is what has made us begin to wonder if maybe a lot of cabins have been booked by a single non-CC aware group.
My TA is Cruise411 an on-line agency which we have used before which seems to have good prices but not too much added service. This has never bothered us before since we usually make our own decisions about where and when to cruise but this time I am just curious. As I said, I don't really mind most groups we could be cruising with but would like to know. We would also like to get enough people to qualify for a connections party but will probably arrange a meet with those we have meet on the roll call even if we don't qualify for a party.

Nealberk
Sorry I didn't make this clear but that is what I did. I looked the week before and after then realized the same as you about the Eastern/ Western thing and also checked out 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after. All 4 cruises seemed to be more open than ours. ( This was a week or two ago when I checked) Will take another look and see if any thing has changed.

Once the Celebrity site started working again I went back and checked and while there now appear to be 6 cabin gty in 3 different catagories available on our cruise ( Century Oct2/04), it is still much less than the availability for Sept 18 or for Oct 16.

Not a problem just seems strange. Especially since ours has showed limited availability for quite a while so it seems it sold a lot earlier than the other cruises.

gardencat:
That's really interesting, because I'm on the Oct. 30 Century Eastern Caribbean sailing, and ours is almost completely sold out too...of course, I've been assuming that it's because of Halloween, but now I'm wondering if it could be something else. I'd be very interested to see if anyone has the info you're looking for...

-Marcie

*Carnival Inspiration 3/02/03*
*Celebrity Century 10/30/04*

Archived