Wine

jackjoyus

I,m sure this has been covered, but we have usually cruised on Princess and always bring our own wine to drink in our room. Have any of you brought your wine and do they let you keep it!!! Please let me know as we are cruising to Alaska in May on the Summit, and would enjoy our own wine on the Balconey!!!:confused:

We always take several bottles of wine--no problems. Since Celebrity charges a corkage fee in the DR, they seem to allow the wine freely. Other "booze" tends to get confiscated at times.

Would that also include 'champagne'....actually really techincally it's sparkling wine but called champagne. We would like to bring our own on board for a Valentine's toast in our cabin.

We personally took 4 bottles of Champagne on our last cruise along with 6 bottles of wine in a rolling carryon which my hubby told the x-ray machine operator "be carefull with that, it's got the good stuff in it!" :D

There is another thread goingon this board, down a little, about someone who just returned from a cruise & had their wine confiscated. They did not have it in a bag or carryon, so maybe they're cracking down a little. Not my experience though.

i think the key to carry-on wine etc is whether or not it is duty free. in cozumel i came on board with two bottles of flavored tequila and in costa rica i brought a six pack of beer on, no problems. however in panama because the beer was duty free, they wouldn't let me carry it on.

thanks for the replies. It's not so much that I don't want to pay for the liquor onboard it's just that I am VERY picky about wine (sparkling wine) and I know what I like, it's certainly not expensive wine, just what I like. I'd rather bring onboard what I like then to waste a bottle I buy on the ship and don't like. :)

Tech, I understand. I love champagne/sparkling wine too. Celebrity has a brand of champagne on board (assume it's on all ships) called Gosset. It is wonderful!!!!! I cannot buy it where I live......but have been trying! You ought to give it a try. It's not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either.

Tech, I understand. I love champagne/sparkling wine too. Celebrity has a brand of champagne on board (assume it's on all ships) called Gosset. It is wonderful!!!!! I cannot buy it where I live......but have been trying! You ought to give it a try. It's not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either.

I like very sweet...nothing anywhere NEAR dry. Would you say it's sweet?

We always take several bottles of wine--no problems. Since Celebrity charges a corkage fee in the DR, they seem to allow the wine freely. Other "booze" tends to get confiscated at times.

I get the impression that they do not want you to bring or purchase any kind of alcohol. The corkage fee, if I'm reading it right, is for purchased from "authorized" vendors that are delivered to your room:

http://www.celebrity.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000n2tmx-qvLo9pcIGWjS2ghdX:1028etqv2?faqSubjectName=Food+and+Beverage&faqId=505&pagename=faq_answers

I admit that I don't really know who is authrorized, but it looks to me like they are trying to preclude *any* sort of carry on. That doesn't mean you can't get away with it, but it is clearly against the rules.

Tom

:p I will bring a couple bottles of the wine we like to have in our room. If they take it well so be it!!! We usually cruise Princess, but the last couple of times have been very disappointed in the food and the shows. So will give Celebrity a try again. Has anyone else cruised with Princess and find that they:confused: have changed alot !!!:eek:

Archived