Another question or two - PI and Blue Lagoon

BettyB2

A group of around 12 plan on going to Blue Lagoon for the morning dolphin experience. It is offered thru our resort for $75 with transfers additional. Does anyone know how much the transfers are?

I would love to spend the entire day there (I have been looking at spectacular photos of this beautiful place) and am wondering what is the price to the island (from Breezes for example). How late can you stay on the island?

How much is the ferry to Blue Lagoon?

Can we catch a $1 jitney to the PI ferry terminal?

Are the stingrays located near the dolphin encounter areas?? - Our resort does not offer any type of stingray excursion and I am interested in knowing more (price, who runs these tours etc).

What is the latest we can catch jitney back to resort from other areas of island?

thanks for all the help so far....:)

Don't know the price of your transfers, but you can taxi to Paradise Island for $17 for 2ppl, $3 for each add'l person plus $1 toll for the car.

Or, you can take the #10 jitney to downtown and catch a cab to Paradise Island for about $4 pp near the cruiseship, or wait for the ferryboats (they run every 30 mintues and take about 10 minutes to cross).

There are no jitneys directly to Paradise Island. (I'd opt for the cab since it's more reliable and on your on a timeline).

Now is the disappointing part of my reply.

Blue Lagoon Island is closed for everyone except the Dolphin Encounter. The beach are off limits and the shops are still closed. The stingrays were released last year during a hurricane and have not returned.

The Dolphin Encounter ferry are still the only way back and forth to the privately owned island. From what I understand, the Dolphin Encounter folks do not allow guests to stay on the island. Check with them directly. Things could change.

There's talk of other companies taking over the tours, but no news as yet.

Archived