Port upgrades on carnival

LogansMama34

We recently sailed on DCL and we were upgraded at port to an aft balcony suite for only $300. It was a great deal. We have sailed Carnival before but it’s been 6 years and it was our first cruise and we didn’t know to ask about port upgrades. Does CCL do them...what’s your experience? Was it worth it? We are sailing on Valor out of Galveston this month. Thanks!

The people who check you in do not have access to lists of vacant cabins, or the ability to accept payment for an upgrade. You can always ask at Guest Services after boarding, but usually there is a sign at the desk saying that there are no cabins available. For more discussion you can visit the Carnival forum here, under Cruise Lines A-O. EM

Thank you so much EM. This is good information to know. DCL made it so easy I guess I just assumed they all did it the same way. Judging by your signature you’ve been on quite a few cruises. We are still newbies. Only done 2 so far. In your experience, what cruise line has been your favorite. I see your screen name is you’re a mom, what line is the best with kids. We have an almost 3 year old. Happy travels!

My current is usually the ship I'm on...But after several years we went back to Celebrity and really enjoyed it again. There is a board here for Family cruises, located under Special Interest cruising. You might check in there to find out what parents/grandparents think of the various cruise lines. EM