Aussies who cruise

hywheelatsea

Cruised before or first time cruising...whatever your experience share your tips or ask a question. Plan a trip with other like minded people or just glean some info to enhance your cruise experience.

Hello Everyone,

I'm a first timer...planning a cruise for next year on the Carnival Spirit out of Sydney in October. Is anyone else planning to go on this cruise...or maybe have tips? Thanks

Next cruise is Trans Atlantic & Baltic Sea on Princess Emerald departing Ft Lauderdale 26 April 2012.

CC and the roll calls are a great starting place to interact and learn from others doing the same cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Joining an Oceania Cruise in the Mediterranean, July 2012. Cruising Rome to Venice. Any one have any tips. Have only completed a river cruise with Scenic 2 years ago. Planning to spend some time before and after the cruise as well.

I'm new here and would just like to wish you all a joyous Noel and exciting 2012.

We have 3 cruises lined up over the next 15 months so it will be a special year. In April we're off to Hawaii/Tahiti on the Dawn, then in November it's the Diamond Bankok to Sydney and March 2013 Sydeny to Beijing.

Anna and Keith from Yeppoon

Just returned from NZ on Celebrity Century. Great cruise, loved NZ and can't wait to go back again. Celebrity Century is a very comfortable ship with great staff that just love to serve you. Hubby really loved the Hamburgers from the poolside grill...great afternoon snack after returning from being ashore. Murano specialty restaurant was unbelievable.

Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year.

G'day Everyone and Happy New Year! I thought I should join this social group and start off by wishing you all happy travels in 2012. It's going to be an exciting year for all of us, I think.

Debbie, Edmond, Wendy & David, and Mary-Alan must almost have your bags packed for your February sailings, followed closely by Buranogal in March.

Then Anna, Phillip & Gail depart in April, while Shenya gets married and sails on her wonderful honeymoon cruise in June.

Then, Jasper50 and Larry & Liz leave in July (we'll just miss you in Europe), as my wife, Diane, and I leave Oz in September for 3 months in Europe. We're taking the advice of Judi & Rick, who recommend Celebrity, and we'll be sailing on the brand new Celebrity Reflection, from Venice to Barcelona, after we've done Jasper's cruise suggestion with Scenic Tours (on their new Scenic Crystal) from Budapest to Amsterdam.

Finally, we wish Elviso a happy brithday cruise in October.

Not sure what's happening in Europe, from a financial perspective, but let's hope it doesn't affect us in a negative way (like fare increases or cancellations!!).

Anyway, all the very best for 2012. Regards, "GreyFunnel" (Chris & Diane, and our avatar, Billy Bob - who always travels with us).

Happy New Year. Cruising on the Volendam from Sydney, 31st January 2012. As I have a perfume allergy, I am looking for some people to meet and join for dinner (Free Seating dining) who don't wear perfume, or who would be willing to delay applying their fragrance until after the meal.

Hi, Its Edmond again. Considering cruising in 2nd December on Pacific Princess ex Rome to Ft Lauderdale,then continuing on down the Amerzon (Brazil) Back to Ft Lauderdale the through the Panama back to Sydney, 81 days in all.

Have previously travelled on Royal Princess and been extremely impressed with the small ships. Has any one had experience on any of these cruise sectors?

Edward

Hi Deb here. We are seeking other Aussies who maybe cruising on the Diamond Princess out of Beijing to Vancouver this May 01 OR who may have done this cruise in 2011. Would like to exchange info from an Aussie perspective - use of kindle and/or iphone onboard, tipping status for Aussies etc

:cool:Hi Deb here. We are seeking other Aussies who maybe cruising on the Diamond Princess out of Beijing to Vancouver this May 01 OR who may have done this cruise in 2011. Would like to exchange info from an Aussie perspective - use of kindle and/or iphone onboard, tipping status for Aussies etc

Hello, Pam here from Glenmore Park NSW.

Edmond, we travelled on Pacific Princess last Augusf to Holy LAnd and Med. It was our first cruise and loved the ship. Only 700 passengers.

We are cruising on Emerald Princess in August 2012 from Copenhagen to NY, the transatlantic crossing being B2B cruises. If anyone has done this cruise or intending to do so, John, my husband and I would like to hear from you.

Hello, Pam here from Glenmore Park NSW.

Edmond, we travelled on Pacific Princess last Augusf to Holy LAnd and Med. It was our first cruise and loved the ship. Only 700 passengers.

We are cruising on Emerald Princess in August 2012 from Copenhagen to NY, the transatlantic crossing being B2B cruises. If anyone has done this cruise or intending to do so, John, my husband and I would like to hear from you

• 1 month later...

Hello, Bev and now Lloyd here from Perth. We are booked on Veendam from Rio to Santiago via Antarctic Peninsula in December for Christmas/New Year. Been there by myself before, but some recent Qantas offerings were too good to pass up.

Hi, we are from Victoria. Booked to cruise on the Zaandam from Kobe to Vancouver April 15th. This will be our first time with HAL, have only done P&O cruises previously and loved every minute of them so decided to venture a bit further afield this time. Have any of you been on the Zaandam previously? Would love any tips, info etc

• 2 weeks later...