Princess vs. NCL

DALLIEDOG

We have gone to Alaska the last 3 years on NCL and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves each visit, and we were thinking about taking Princess to Alaska this year just for a change. I just need some thoughts about the Princess Cruise Lines Pros and Cons regarding Alaska --please help us !

Robert

I'm not sure if I can help b/c I have never cruised to Alaska but I have cruised on both NCL and Princess. I loved my first cruise on NCL's Norway. It was very classy and traditional. Service was exceptional, all the members of the staff were tripping over each other to get anything and everything to make each passengers cruise better. Almost seemed like it wasn't just a job, they wanted to do it. That was in '99, we did the Sun in '03. It was very nice. I'm not a fan of the Vegas decorations and the gaudy colors that NCL has switched over to or the freestyle dining. (Felix was our waiter on the Norway and he was the absolute best) There was nothing bad about the Sun, just wasn't the same as the Norway. So, I decided to try another line. (Not Carnival b/c I wanted a ship, not the Vegas strip). Princess decor was more like the Norway, so I was thrilled. Service was consistantly fair to good, but not exceptional. No complaints just not the above and beyond I saw on the Norway. Just some opinions, if you read others, they hated the Norway while that was my absolute favorite ship. I don't think there's really any cruise that's bad. You should be happy either way since you will be on a cruise. Good luck.

Archived