Glass Bottom Boats - Cayman Islands

Berkeley Gal

Are there some glass bottom boat tours that could be obtained when getting off the ship?  or some to book prior to arrival?  not through the cruise line.

Over 20 years ago we took a cruise that included the Cayman Islands.   At that time, it was easy to go to the end of the pier and find a tour.    I know that things have changed and so would like to have recent experiences.

• 1 month later...

Perhaps the best option is the semi-submersible boat through Nautilus Tours.  It is within easy walking distance of the tender piers.

There is a Glass Bottom Boat trip to Stingray City operated by Red Sail Sports.  It departs from Rum Point and is not a drive-slow-to-see-the-fishies type tour.  When the boat is traveling to and from Stingray Sandbar is is going fast and that stirs up a lot of bubbles that obstruct the view through the glass bottom of the boat.

visited Cayman via cruise just a few weeks ago and I can assure you that the area just outside the tender landing was WALL TO WALL full of folks offering all manner of tours ..... if anything I'd say there were MORE than I remember from 20 years ago!