Los Angeles to Sydney, QE2 Jan 23

captain_rad

We will be sailing from LA - Sydney on Jan 23. The ship appears to be sold out now. Who else is coming with us?

Captain Rad

Is now lol. For a couple of weeks I saw several agencies offering up to 72% off the list price for this segment. It was something like $110 a day for that particular leg + air. WOW if you could do it. But the air back from Sydney to America is a brute. Counting layovers in the airports and getting to the airport and back it would take me almost 24 hours in total to go from Charlotte, NC to Sydney OZ by air! I am not sure I could handle that much air.

Is now lol. For a couple of weeks I saw several agencies offering up to 72% off the list price for this segment. It was something like $110 a day for that particular leg + air. WOW if you could do it. But the air back from Sydney to America is a brute. Counting layovers in the airports and getting to the airport and back it would take me almost 24 hours in total to go from Charlotte, NC to Sydney OZ by air! I am not sure I could handle that much air.

this the first time i ever heard of a discount above 60% wow what a deal!!!!

We were looking forward to leaving NY on the QE2 to LA, but the friday before Cunard called and offered us the LA-Sydney leg plus an upgrade from M1-P2 for no extra money. We just couldn't say no:D .

The flight time back to LA is 13.5 hours. We are both pilots so that leg won't bother us. We just can't wait for the 23rd to get here.

Rad

Archived