6 mos pregnant

maudde

We will be traveling as a group with one of the women being 6 mos. pregnant at the time. She falls within the guidelines of not being in her 27th week of pregnancy (close, but only in her 26th). She will however have a note from her Dr. stating she is in good health and not yet in her 27th week, but my question is does the cruiseline actually ask women who are pregnant how far along they are? Women carry so differently, that it's hard to tell just by seeing someone how far along they are. I didn't know how this actually worked, if someone personally comes up and questions pregnant women or if you should just carry the letter in case anyone would question them? Has anyone had any experience with this??

Thank you in advance for your response and ideas. We will be travelling RCCL to the Carribean. Thanks again!

I was 4 1/2 months pregnant on one of our cruises, and literally people kept saying you'll never make it to 9 mos. bec/I was all baby and very large out front...funny thing is even though I looked "very" pregnant RCI never asked for any kind of note from OB stating how far along I was and if it was safe to cruise, even though I looked so big. Of course, I had a note...so make sure she gets one from her OB...just found it interesting that I was never asked for the note. Even though I missed out on some of the adult beverages and some late nights out gambling/dancing...I loved some of the extra attention I got from the staff since I was pregnant...they were very eager to help me.

I once flew from New Orleans to Atlanta when I was 8 1/2 months pregnant. (I had a doctor's note and medical records just in case. My husband was required by his job to be a meeting and they would NOT excuse. We decided we'd be together to have the baby even if it was in another city.) Delta never asked for my note. I still can't believe it! No one at the meeting could believe I was there.

Insurance is highly suggested. Her personal insurance is not likely to cover much of anything. She should check the pre-condition exclusions as it relates to pregnany for any insurance she has purchased or will purchase. Being airlifted from the ship or from any island is very, very expensive. Any medical treatment on the ship is not free and is expensive.

Archived