Rent a large van?

theadams

There are six of us with 3 large suitcases 6 carryons and four sets of golf clubs. We need to get from FLL to our hotel in Plantation and then from Plantation to Port Everglades.

First of all, let me ask, is a rental van the best way to get around for us?? I assume it might be cheaper than grabbing two cabs for each trip.

I have an 8 passenger Toyota Sienna (or similar) on hold at a total rate of $114.00 for two days. Any comments on whether this van will be big enough to hold us all with our gear?

If this won't be big enough does anyone know of a rental agency that rents larger vans and what rates they have got them for?

We are a party of 6...I originally booked an SUV to carry us and our luggage. Cheapest I found was 110.

I found a great deal for a mini van (7-8 passenger, plenty of luggage space) for....56 dollars including taxes and all fees...picking up in Ft. Lauderdale and dropping off in Miami !!!!!!

Alamo had a deal for compact cars and mini van rentals....go for it !!!!!

http://www.alamo.com/hotDealsTemplate.do?msg=u6_daily_compact_offer

There are six of us with 3 large suitcases 6 carryons and four sets of golf clubs. We need to get from FLL to our hotel in Plantation and then from Plantation to Port Everglades.

First of all, let me ask, is a rental van the best way to get around for us?? I assume it might be cheaper than grabbing two cabs for each trip.

I have an 8 passenger Toyota Sienna (or similar) on hold at a total rate of $114.00 for two days. Any comments on whether this van will be big enough to hold us all with our gear?

If this won't be big enough does anyone know of a rental agency that rents larger vans and what rates they have got them for?

Even if you have to make two trips it would still be cheaper than two taxis each way.

Someone will have to drop everyone off at the pier then return the rental, then catch a cab or shuttle back to the pier.

Archived