Where is best to Zip Line?

sounder

Hi,

We're going into Puerto Caldera on the Coral on 10 May and have booked a tour with Charlie Soto.

Charlie takes you to Villa Lapas for the early morning part of the day,($40 or 35) followed by sightseeing to the animal farm, view point, national park, Jaco Beach, pick up some CR coffee and vanilla (445)

First part of the day is ziplining ($40), canopy suspension bridges ($35) or jungle river tour ($35). The rest of the day is as indicated above.

Total time on tour is about seven and a half hours but Charlie can customize a bit depending on your time in port.

Ciao for now!!!

Captain Ron - Thanks for the information. I have heard of Charlie Soto from some other threads also.

Have you used Charlie Soto previously or did you book with him based on referrals from Cruise Critic threads?

I noticed that he does not require a credit card to make a reservation.

We are going in April, so if we use Charlie, I will reply back about our experience.

Hi Sam & Martha,

I'm going based on recommendations from the threads.

I emailed Charlie and have corresponded with him and Carlos. He will be at the pier 45 mins after we dock with a sign for our group.

Here's a copy of the email we got from Charlie:

QUOTE:

Hi Ron , i hope you doing well, and thanks a lot for your e mail, O.K this is the Tour A-3 Villa Lapas canopy tour where you can choose one of the tour at the same place : Zip line $40 each admission , Suspension Bridges $35 each p, admission, Jungle river tour $35 each p, admission , 2º to the View point to take the most beautiful view of the city from the hilltop. 3º to the Animal place to see some monkeys, toucans,macaws.iguanas cuaty montys etc 4º to the national park,and 5º to the Jaco beach to take a lok , have a drink or have lunch if you like to, 6º to the grocery store where we can get some costarican coffee, vanila etc, i provide an full insurance, air conditioned van, for 29 or 54 pass.included some refreshments, cokes, water costarican beers,some fruits pine apple and bananas,all this places for only $45 each p. 7 1/2 hrs touring , i will be at the pier holding a sign with your name on it 45 minutes after disembarkment to be your guide and do my best for you , thanks again, blessing from Costa Rica , Garden of the Americas,Charlie cel phone 506-3533922. UNQUOTE.

Hope this helps, and...

Ciao for now!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We have just contacted Oscar Brown regarding a tour on Feb 18th for a tour including a zip line and apparantly the road to Almonds and Corals is pretty bad so he is recommending Las Brisas. Is the zip line at Las Brisas as good as the one at Almonds and Corals. Thank you. Shelley

SHELLEY::o

Due to the terrible conditions of the Highway 32 leaving Southeast from Puerto Limon, it is my opinion for YOUR SAFETY and SECURITY to take the closer Zip Lining Facility at Brisas de la Jungla (Jungle Breeze). It is only 20 minutes from the Cruise Ship Pier and, while it only has approximately 13 platforms it is, from our past experience, the best option under the current conditions of NO ROAD MAINTENANCE.

Please look at the following link for yourself. Should you decide upon going to Almonds and Corals, which is a far superior physical plant (if the road was better), but you may get back LATE to the ship due to FLAT TIRES, BROKEN SHOCK ABSORBERS or FRONT WHEEL BEARING FAILURE!

Sorry to be so brutally honest, but we want YOU to have a great time Zip Lining in Costa Rica and then come back again later for a stress-release vacation with friends or family! Thanks and drop us an email for any additional info or PICS.

WEATHERGUESSER:rolleyes:

http://caribbean-costaricanscr.blogspot.com

• 1 month later...
Hi Sam & Martha,

I'm going based on recommendations from the threads.

I emailed Charlie and have corresponded with him and Carlos. He will be at the pier 45 mins after we dock with a sign for our group.

Here's a copy of the email we got from Charlie:

QUOTE:

Hi Ron , i hope you doing well, and thanks a lot for your e mail, O.K this is the Tour A-3 Villa Lapas canopy tour where you can choose one of the tour at the same place : Zip line $40 each admission , Suspension Bridges $35 each p, admission, Jungle river tour $35 each p, admission , 2º to the View point to take the most beautiful view of the city from the hilltop. 3º to the Animal place to see some monkeys, toucans,macaws.iguanas cuaty montys etc 4º to the national park,and 5º to the Jaco beach to take a lok , have a drink or have lunch if you like to, 6º to the grocery store where we can get some costarican coffee, vanila etc, i provide an full insurance, air conditioned van, for 29 or 54 pass.included some refreshments, cokes, water costarican beers,some fruits pine apple and bananas,all this places for only $45 each p. 7 1/2 hrs touring , i will be at the pier holding a sign with your name on it 45 minutes after disembarkment to be your guide and do my best for you , thanks again, blessing from Costa Rica , Garden of the Americas,Charlie cel phone 506-3533922. UNQUOTE.

Hope this helps, and...

Ciao for now!!!

Thank you for the info on CHarlie!

• 2 weeks later...

I just did the zip lining in Costa Rica. Puerto Limon...from RC and it was wonderful... I recommend DENNIS HIS E MAIL IS: infoexploringtour.com

He was very reliable and the zip lining has 13 ""tree houses""" $40.00 which you paid there. Dennis gave us a tour of what we wanted to see (there were 4 of us) and it was much nicer than the big van or bus. The roads are not good and the car could go around better than the larger ones. He finished with lunch on the beach...GREAT DAY.

Hi mom0605,

Charlie has a website which is at:

http://www.nanada.com/tours/okeydokey.htm

His email address is:

okeydokeytours@hotmail.com

If you're touring from the Puntarenas (Pacific) side, he generally goes to Villa Lapas for ziplining. To get an idea of the Ziplining, Suspension Bridges and Jungle River Tour, you can go directly to the Villa Lapas website at:

http://www.villalapas.com/

Hope the sights help you in your decision for a tour guide in Costa Rica.

Ciao for now!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't understand weatherguesser. Unless something has completely changed in the last few months, the roads were not that bad as he describes. Also, the Ship did a tour at Crazy Monkey at Almond&Chorals. They arrived shortly after we arrived. The people at the resort said they just signed a new contract with RCCL. I don't think the ship tour would be going there if it was not safe.

Archived