Suggestions for 2 days in Nice

HappyMe_

Our itinerary has been changed from Monte Carlo to now Nice, (2 days).

Any suggestions for tours from there, and/or private tour operators that would pickup from there.

Also, does anyone know, does the ship dock or tender to Nice?

Thank you

You could take the train into Monaco takes about 10 minutes if you want to see it on your own ( inexpensive).

Nice old town is wonderful to see and there is a great outdoor market going on everyday.. some days better than others here is a link to tell you all about it.

http://gofrance.about.com/cs/nice/a/nicemarkets.htm

If you want to hire a private driver and really see everything then we used

Dream tours ( Jean Marc was our wonderful driver for the day)..

They use Mercedes vans that hold 6 easily ( if you get others to share cuts price).:)

http://www.dream-tours.com/

We rented a car during our stay in Nice, but I think hiring a driver would be great fun. The hilltop town of Eze is spectacular and you could have lunch at the Le Chateau de la Chevre d'Or. Lunch on the terrace is absolutely stunning, http://www.relaischateaux.com/en/search-book/hotel-restaurant/chevredor/. I believe the terrace restaurant is Les Remparts. There is also an inside restaurant, but the feeling outside is much better.

You can also take the train for around $5 per person to Villefranche and have lunch at Mere Germaine on the pier next to Hotel Welcome. Reservations are a must. It's a very small town and at the time of our visit, our son was only 17 and we couldn't drag him away from the topless beaches a short distance away. You can google Mere Germaine and find all the information.

I second Eze - incredible views. Also the Flower/Vegetable market in old town Nice is wonderful - with many sidewalk cafes nearby. I believe that last month's issue of Conde Nast Traveler had an article on Nice. It's available on line.

You can also take the train to Monaco. If you do, take in the changing of the guard at the Palace also the gravesites of Prince Ranier and Pricess Grace in the Cathedral.

Joe

Something else I thought about. There is a wine shop in Old Town where you can buy some pretty good wine very cheap. The locals bring empty bottles in and fill them from a tap. I know there are probably several wine shops, but this one was the only one we noticed on one of the narrow streets. I think we bought several bottles of wine for around $3 and $5 each and took them back to the ship. My husband loves a good bottle of wine and was really surprised at how good our wine purchases were. Have fun. ;)

Sharon

Hi Claudia,

I agree about St. Paul de Vence. Did you go to the art museum (Maeght Foundation) or have lunch at the Golden Door? We were there 1988 -- just looked at my photo album and it brought back wonderful memories. We'll have to have lunch again and look at each other's photos.

Sheila

This is a web-site of Revelation Tours located in Nice.

http://www.revelation-tours.com/

Last spring we had absolutely fantastic day in Nice with Michel Legrand from Revelation Tours. He is a very good guide and provides you with a lot of information about all places you are going to visit. He can give you a good suggestion how to spend 2 days in Nice.

Tatyana.

Archived