NCL cabin question.

Ang16430

Is there a possibility to have adjoining rooms that one is a balcony and the other is either a ocean view or an inside?  Or ocean view and inside? Looking to travel with my family (my husband, our two small children and my husbands mother) and if we have adjoining rooms and one isn’t a balcony that is fine with us as that room would be my mother in laws and our oldests room.

Yes, adjoining not connecting. Balcony-inside. Ocean view-inside. I am not aware of any balcony-ocean view adjoining or connecting rooms. Would help to know which ship. See deck plans.

I have sailed with a balcony room and my kids (teens) across the hall in an inside room.

32 minutes ago, Ang16430 said:

Is there a possibility to have adjoining rooms that one is a balcony and the other is either a ocean view or an inside?  Or ocean view and inside? Looking to travel with my family (my husband, our two small children and my husbands mother) and if we have adjoining rooms and one isn’t a balcony that is fine with us as that room would be my mother in laws and our oldests room.

Ocean View/Balcony is likely never going to be adjoining or connecting with an Inside.  Best you could do in that case would be across the hall from each other which is what a lot of families will do.  They'll book the Balcony for the adults and then put the kids across the hall.

There may be some instances of having adjacent Ocean View & Balcony but again, likely not connecting from within the room.  As the post above mentions, would help to know which ship you're thinking about booking to give some better suggestions/thoughts as you might get some people who have sailed that ship and be familiar with the options.

4 hours ago, gymbomb said:

There are some ships that have balcony connecting to inside, but not on NCL and only a few of them per ship. I want to say they are on Royal Caribbean, but it could be Carnival?

It's RCCL I believe and only a few of their newer ships.  It's a combination of rooms where there is a Studio that connects to a Balcony & an Ocean View I think to form up to a 3 room suite (or a combination of sorts as well).  I want to say I recall there being only two such rooms per deck on about 3 or 4 decks that this was an option though.

I thought it was  pretty novel way to offer something a lot of people would probably be interested in...  The balcony for the adults, the studio for a grandparent and then the third room for the kids or something instead of having to choose a full-on 2 or 3 bedroom suite like NCL has...  RCCL still gives a bit more privacy since the rooms are technically separate.