Full-time Schedule?

Cruiser933

Has anybody figured out what a "full-time schedule of activities" means under OFAC?  We arrive on a Saturday afternoon, stay overnight, and sail away Sunday at 5.  I have a three hour walking tour which claims to be OFAC compliant planned for both days, but I am wondering if this is long enough to be considered "full-time".

On 11/1/2018 at 11:20 AM, Cruiser933 said:

Has anybody figured out what a "full-time schedule of activities" means under OFAC?  We arrive on a Saturday afternoon, stay overnight, and sail away Sunday at 5.  I have a three hour walking tour which claims to be OFAC compliant planned for both days, but I am wondering if this is long enough to be considered "full-time".

There are 70+ answers here: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147270-i91-k11175104-What_exactly_is_a_full_time_schedule_of_activities-Cuba.html

I like this answer: "NO ONE has ever been asked to provide any receipts or proof of what they did in Cuba. That is out of more than a million who have traveled between Cuba and US in past 12 months."

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:20 AM, Cruiser933 said:

In theory, all your activities are supposed to comply with your OFAC authorisation, which is why in theory cruise line travellers should never choose people to people.  In practice, OFAC has not been checking for almost 20 years.

Choosing "support for the Cuban people" is the only OFAC authorisation which mentions "free time or recreation" being available, so long as it is less than compliant activities.  So when passengers disembark and choose a local tour operator for the majority of their time ashore, they will nearly always meet the theoretical OFAC requirement.