On Statendam any noise from deck 3 heard in aft staterooms on deck 4?

luxurysailer

We're considering a cruise in September 2019 on Statendam.  I notice on the deck plans that there is a large grayed out and unlabeled area on deck 3 port side extending from near the stern forward to almost the area under the atrium on deck 4.  I'm concerned this may be the galley or perhaps some other noisy area that might be heard in the staterooms above it on deck 4. I would appreciate any information that anyone can give concerning this.

Thanks,

Luxurysailer

40 minutes ago, luxurysailer said:

We're considering a cruise in September 2019 on Statendam.  I notice on the deck plans that there is a large grayed out and unlabeled area on deck 3 port side extending from near the stern forward to almost the area under the atrium on deck 4.  I'm concerned this may be the galley or perhaps some other noisy area that might be heard in the staterooms above it on deck 4. I would appreciate any information that anyone can give concerning this.

Thanks,

Luxurysailer

Yes, based on my experience on the Nieuw Statendam's sister ship. Koningsdam, you don't want a cabin that is above an unspecified gray area on deck 3.  That area is immediately adjacent to the MDR and more than likely is some kind of food storage or food prep area.  If you're restricted to cabins on Deck 4 due to budget, I would suggest you look at cabins a little more forward that are above some of the stores.  Not much noise from them.  My preferred deck is 5 - there are cabins above and below you.