Questions re: cruising Caribbeen Princess in Feb with infant

bazan

Hi all,

Me and my wife is taking our 11-month old DS to the CP in Feb (Eastern Caribbean) and have the following questions:

1) We have requested a crib in the room, an idea what kind of crib is it (pack n go?)? Where will they put the crib? By the way we have an inside on the Caribe deck any one stayed in one of those before? We were thinking of getting the balcony to give us a bit more room, but looks like this sailing every single cabin was booked.

2) Anyone know if the 2 beds in the lower berth can be combined into a King? (ours is a 4 persons room). Someone told us that the lower beds cannot be pull together due to safety reason. We were thinking of putting the beds together will give us more move around room in the cabin considering we have the crib in the stateroom already.

3) We have requested baby food on board, anyone have any problem getting those on board?

4) Is there a "publiclly" (i.e. other then inside the kitchen) available microwave somewhere on board?

5) Do they have high chair for use inside the cabin (for feeding)?

6) Anyone have any other comments/suggestions re: the Caribbean Princess and/or cruising with a 11-month old?

Thank you very much in advance!

B.

Hi! In Feb 02 we took our 9 month old DD on the Grand Princess. I can't speak for the Caribbean Princess, but I'll tell you of our experience on the Grand. We had an obstructed porthole cabin. We brought aboard our stroller.

We did not use a high chair in our cabin, but they did have one available in the Horizon court and the dining room. In the dining room they presented us with lovely selections freshly made, such as a carrot pudding, almost. Riley LOVED the food on board. I was mostly nursing her at the time, but she had pureed fruit, pureed veggies offered at all meals in the dining room. And the presentation was even fabulous! We also had our three year old with us, she had plenty of dining options as well! There is cheerios on the buffet and we also would grab a box or two for snacking during the day.

We coslept, so she was on the inside of the lower berth, and I was on the outside, my three year old was on the other lower berth and my DH on the top berth. I really don't know where we would have fit a crib!

The Grand staff was most accomodating with any request I had, however we did have bathing issues. Our stateroom had only a shower, and I hadn't thought to bring aboard a baby tub. And thinking about it, I don't know where I would have bathed her, except on the cabin floor. What we did do, was take a plastic glass and turn it upside down over the drain in the shower, and with the lip of the shower, it held about three inches of water. I would sit her on a towel on the floor and soap her up, then hold her while my DH turned the shower on, or use the ice bucket to get clean water from the sink to rinse her off with. I have to say, bathing was a CHORE! Other than that, it was a great time with no difficulties!

Archived