Carnival Customer Service

djd1023

I booked my cruise throught Expedia and the agent screwed up the information a couple times. I think it is correct now but I called Carnival to check and they told me that they can't give me any information unless I have Expedia on the phone. Is this really the case? I am the one paying for this cruise, why can't I verify the information?

I booked my cruise throught Expedia and the agent screwed up the information a couple times. I think it is correct now but I called Carnival to check and they told me that they can't give me any information unless I have Expedia on the phone. Is this really the case? I am the one paying for this cruise, why can't I verify the information?

Yup, that is really the case. When you book through an agent, you have to deal with that agent... Carnival won't deal with you unless they are on the phone. If you want to deal with Carnival directly, book with Carnival... otherwise, it's the Agent's JOB to do these things... Carnival is paying them a commission...

Yeah....but if I get to the dock and my information is screwed up, it will be me that gets penalized not Expedia. I can't believe that if I'm paying for the cruise, that I can't get my cruise information from Carnival even though I have booking numbers etc. I wonder if I called and didn't tell them it was booked thru Expedia, if they would know

My 1st cruise was booked thru Expedia. We had 4 cabins, 8 people. They misspelled 4 peoples names even though I had spent a long time spelling everything out to the agent. When I got my email and saw the mistake I called and they wanted $50 to correct each mistake, yes, $200. After going from 1 person to another I finally got it corrected. Had it been mine, I would pay. But this was the agent. I had tried Carnival also and they told me they could do nothing. I understand completely. Even if you don't tell them, they know that they did not book it so you will have to go to the agent you booked with. Sorry!! By the way, I booked my next cruise directly with Carnival. Good luck:)

Yes, they'd still know if you didn't tell them it was booked through a specific agency. Since you have the booking number, can you look at your reservation through book/modify on Carnival's website?

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

Yeah....but if I get to the dock and my information is screwed up, it will be me that gets penalized not Expedia. I can't believe that if I'm paying for the cruise, that I can't get my cruise information from Carnival even though I have booking numbers etc. I wonder if I called and didn't tell them it was booked thru Expedia, if they would know

Unfortunetly that is what you get for booking with online agencies. It took me acouple of times to learn my lesson. Although I won't mention which ones they were.

Couldn't you just simplify this and do what Carnival said do? Call Expedia and tell them to conference you in with Carnival. That way, you get your questions asked and don't have to live in a drama fest until time to cruise. Just a suggestion.

Get them all on conference NOW. Get it over with before you worry about it any longer.

I think that the title of the thread here is a little misleading - this is not a Carnival issue, it's an Exp issue. They are the ones you booked with. They need to give you the customer service!!

Good luck.

You can check your info online on the website, Go to www.carnival.com and register, then go to funpass, if you completed this much already then click Edit at Funpass this is all the info they will have on you.

Whats the info that they screwed up?

Get back with Expedia and get them to send you all the information they've given you IN WRITING, so you'll have all the info you need in case there's a problem at check-in. Also - try for a conference call. You need to get this taken care of now, so you can plan your wonderful vacation without stress.

Yes, it's true that Carnival won't 'interfere' if you booked through an outside agency. As someone said, that's why they pay the TAs and online agencies commission. They don't need to pay them and then do their job for them. It's a policy most, if not all, cruiselines have.

For future reference, you might want to consider booking through the cruiseline next time. I always do, and it works well for me.:)

Of course that's the case. Why wouldn't it be?

Pardon my ignorance. I can see I'm not going to get a lot of sympathy on this board. It just seems to me that since the money for the trip eventually ends up in Carnival's pockets, they could be courtious enough to answer some questions about my booking.

A drama fest??? You pay $4300 for a cruise and see what a drama fest is. Yes I could go thru Expedia, but it doesn't seem to me that that should be necessary

Lets look at the big picture here. Carnival and Expedia make the rules. you HAVE to follow them regardless of how many should, coulds, woulds or oughts you can come up with. If you choose not to follow the rules, yes, you are living in an unnecessary drama fest. What should, could, would or ought to be is not relevant in this case.

It's your choice. And yes, for $4300 I do not think it would be unreasonable to call Expedia and ask them to conference me with Carnival. This is not complicated. I promise.

Pardon my ignorance. I can see I'm not going to get a lot of sympathy on this board. It just seems to me that since the money for the trip eventually ends up in Carnival's pockets, they could be courtious enough to answer some questions about my booking.

They can't it would be a violation of their contract. You are asking Carnival to violate their contract with someone else but you'd be screaming to no end if they violated one of the provisions in the contract they have with you as a passenger

djd - Really, it's not that we aren't getting the point. We do understand your frustration, and are trying to explain WHY it is this way. That's just the way booking cruises works. We really are trying to help.:)

Everyone gets the point you are trying to make, but it isn't how it works. It isn't too much to ask of Exp to conference with Carnival. If they have nothing to hide and they want to please their customer and provide customer service to you...they WILL do it!!

Like Cotton said, maybe next time trying booking with the cruise line directly and avoid all of this. They can be completely responsible for you. You can call them 24/7. I love that. Sometimes I have questions that pop up at wierd hours, I want to know right then and there...easy as can be!!

Just call Exp back and say that you want to conference with Carnival. That's it. You, I am sure, won't be the first person to have requested this!!!

don't get me wrong I do see your point.

There just aren't any fixes to it. This is pretty much the case for most vacations that you book through a Travel Agent. If you book a Disney trip through AAA, you need to call AAA to get changes made or it canceled. If you book a whatever tour --- then the travel agent "owns" your reservation and you have to call them.

I agree, I don't like it. It is my main reason for avoiding using a Travel Agent. I know that there are really good travel agents , but I am a control freak of the highest nature and I don't like having out thereto go THROUGH somebody to accomplish my goal. It just isn't how I'm wired.

So I think you have two options here. #1, cancel with Expedia and eat the cancellation fees and rebook with the Cruise Line directly, or #2 - work with Expedia.

I'm sorry I can't be of further help.

Thanks Cotton...I know, I'm just p***ed off because it doesn't seem right to my perverted idea of what makes sense and what doesn't. I really didn't want to involve Expedia again since they had a hard time with everything in the first place. But I guess if I must.....I must

look at it on the other hand-- if someone from carnival will talk to you and there is a screw up later-- there is no place to place blame. You would have a lot of finger pointing happening. It will be a he said she said deal.

another thing-- someone else cant call and make changes to your reservation without your agent doing it.

It may sound terrible but that rule is in place to protect you.

You need to call the agent-- tell them you want a three way conversationwith Carnival to fix the stuff. NOW..

If you were to transfer the booking to carnival this agency will charge you a cancellation fee of 50 bucks per person.

May I ask what kind of problem are you having??

Archived