Carnival Customer Service

djd1023

[quote name='taraandsean']never ever use a travel agent!!!!!!!!!!!! you can do everything they do yourself . I save a ton of money on all my vacations and why give TA's your money, dont let them make a living off of us, ban TA's from the industry !!![/quote]

Ok..let's say that your flight is late getting in for your cruise. Do you know what number at Carnival to call? I certainly hope you're not planning on calling 1-800-Carnival because everyone knows that CC members know more about Carnival than the people who answer the phone there do.

Go ahead...book everything yourself. Good luck if you have any sort of problem!

You can go to the Carnival website and register for your funpass yourself. When you enter your booking number, all your info should come up. Check it out and see if it is correct yourself. Then print out your fun pass.
Everything that was there on the website was correct when I got my cruise documents this week in the mail.

A few years ago I booked with a large well known internet company. I ended up having to print out my own cruise documents after they were emailed to me. I kept wondering why I had to pay a shipping fee.

I don't care for the large internet companies. I find much better service with smaller ones because your agent knows you personally. With a large TA, you are just another number--sort of like dealing with any large business. Stick with a TA that is small enough to know who you are when you call.

[quote name='taraandsean']never ever use a travel agent!!!!!!!!!!!! you can do everything they do yourself . I save a ton of money on all my vacations and why give TA's your money, dont let them make a living off of us, ban TA's from the industry !!![/quote]

I have done it both ways and will take a TA anyday over the cruise line. By the way, I pay less with a TA than booking with a cruise line. I get great service and a great price.

Just imagine anyone having to take information from multiple sources.

How can you ever know what's right? Or who's right, especially if a conflict arises. :confused:

All information should flow through one pipleline.

First you post multiple bad questions, never looking at the answers, now you just post idiotic statements.

I can also save gas money if I walk to work.

[quote name='big_duck']They changed it when the updated their board last.

I have two cruises booked right now one direct and one with a TA. I can go to book/modify with one but not the other.[/quote]

I've always been able to get into the Book/modify thingy, and have never used a PVP. It got difficult when "they" caught on, and I just used Serenes back door method. Haven't tried since the upgrade.

But I do thenk all the info the OP is looking for will be there when they do the fun pass.

I'm just curious. When I book through my "on line" TA, I always get a "fact" sheet asking me to verify all my stats. Doesn't Expedia do this?

[quote name='djd1023']A drama fest??? You pay $4300 for a cruise and see what a drama fest is. Yes I could go thru Expedia, but it doesn't seem to me that that should be necessary[/QUOTE]
You used a booking company/agent so that they would handle these things. That is why you have to go through the agent. Carnival dealt with the agent. they have no idea who you are and have no dealings with you. How do they know, other than you telling them, that you are the person in the reservation. They have to go through the agent.

[quote name='djd1023']Never mind all, you aren't getting the point.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but in this case it is you that is not getting the point. Legally carnival has no dealings with you. You would be up in arms if they gave your information to some stranger and since you have never dealt with them to them youare a stranger. Sorry but legally it has to be done the way you have been told.

[quote name='GoinCruisin']What??? There are very good reasons for using a travel agent, they should certainly NOT be banned from the industry :rolleyes: The restaurant you eat dinner at, they make their living off you! The mortgage company that holds your mortgage, they make a living off you! The gas station you fill up at, they make a living off you! Is it wrong to have a business? There are valid reasons for using a TA. There are trusted TA's out there, that are very good at what they do, and don't charge a dime more than Carnival. The consumer pays nothing additional using a TA, Carnival pays the commission, not the customer. I'm sorry... as a small business owner myself, statements like this burn me up. It's big business that is shutting all the small businesses, the ones who actually CARE about the customer, down. This person booked through a GIANT who cares nothing about the consumer. Put all the small TA's out of business and that is what you have left!!!![/QUOTE]
Not to mention the fact that sometimes good travel agents throw perks your way. If gotten free cabin up grades, welcome gifts, shipboard credits, etc. Never guaranteed, but available sometimes.

[quote name='Wennfred']You can check your info online on the website, Go to [URL="http://www.carnival.com"]www.carnival.com[/URL] and register, then go to funpass, if you completed this much already then click Edit at Funpass this is all the info they will have on you.

I booked through Southwest and couldn't pull my info up, but did it with the FunPass system! Thanks for sharing :D

[quote name='BonnieSte']Unfortunetly that is what you get for booking with online agencies. It took me acouple of times to learn my lesson. Although I won't mention which ones they were.[/QUOTE]

Oh, please don't go down that path....for every one who has had a problem with an online agency, there is another that used a local TA and has a horror story.

We booked the last three with the cruise lines, and had errors on two of them. We booked a cruise a couple of years ago (leading a group) and did it face to face with the TA and still had errors on her submission to the cruise line.

Plainly put, people struggle today with two problems...they don't listen well, and they can't spell worth a hoot. Fix those problems and 99% of the other stuff will go away.

MarkT

Archived