Star-western itinerary, Which is the sunny side of the ship???

linda mac

I know this may sound silly, but which side of the ship gets more sun during the day. We prefer to sit on the balcony and sunbathe rather than search for a chair near the pool which is impossible on at sea days. I've been on many cruises , but only two western and I don't remember which side we were on. Sailing on Feb.26 from Ft Lauderdale.We have a port side mini-suite on the dolphin deck. Are we in the sun or the shade???? Anybody with any info???

I don't know if this makes any sense, or if it's even correct, but here goes my opinion (map is a little off in terms of the red-lined sailing and "Ocho Rios", but I took it from Princess' website for the 2/26 Sea Princess sailing):

9609lg.jpg

The sun rises in the East and sets in the West; therefore, with that in mind, if you leave Ft. Lauderdale and you are on Port Side, you will get sun in the morning and early afternoon on your balcony until just about half way to Cozumel. After the half-way point you will receive the sun in the afternoon. Then at about 3/4 and until the morning you are in Cozumel, you will get the early afternoon sun again. The opposite holds true if you are on Starboard Side.

You will get morning and early afternoon sun (on Port side) from Coz to Grand Cayman, then while heading to Jamaica. Once you go around the tip of Cuba, you will get the afternoon and late setting sun on Port Side all the way to Princess Cays and then again on the way back to Ft. Lauderdale.

Either way you choose to go, you'll get some sun. Just depends on whether you want morning, afternoon or late.

I welcome all criticism, but like I said, this is just my theory!

Take care!

So let me ask for your expert guesstimate- we are on the Feb. 16th sun princess ten day southern (curacao, isla margarita, barbados, dominica, st. thomas, princess cays) which side will have more sun? I am hoping it will be the side my cabin is on B332. I can't figure it out so maybe you can

thanks Ann

i was on the sun for the same trip for the ten day curacao, isla margarita, barbados, dominica, st. thomas, princess cays. You will have a great time in on the ship great cruise staff. The food was fair, and the Entertainment was great any questions let me know

So let me ask for your expert guesstimate- we are on the Feb. 16th sun princess ten day southern (curacao, isla margarita, barbados, dominica, st. thomas, princess cays) which side will have more sun? I am hoping it will be the side my cabin is on B332. I can't figure it out so maybe you can

thanks Ann

your cabin is on the side that I would pick for the most sun, on the Sun, on that itinerary

Archived