Spa/Massage question

racepoint

I know this probably varies from ship to ship but could anyone give me some estimated prices for the spas? I'll be traveling on RCCL Majesty of the Seas and posted to that board but haven't had any replies.

I was wondering about standard massages, hot stone massages, sea weed wrap or any other services you've had and enjoyed.

I believe Royal Caribbean allows you book spa services online, and the prices should be posted.

If not, and you book upon boarding, do so early. Depending on the size of the ship and the # of sea days, the spa appointments go very quickly.

T

Most cruise lines allow booking online before you sail. Great if you want a set time. Can be bad, because sometimes, if slow, the ship's spa offers specials at a lower rate then the online rate. Also, be careful about the tip. Not all cruise lines are the same. Princess, no tip added, Celebrity, tip added.

all the massage products and prices are shown on the Princess site. you can pre-book if you wish, probably a good idea if you want a particular time on a sea day. if you want a port day massage, you might wait till you are on the cruise -- spa specials are listed in the daily Patters.

I know this probably varies from ship to ship but could anyone give me some estimated prices for the spas? I'll be traveling on RCCL Majesty of the Seas and posted to that board but haven't had any replies. I was wondering about standard massages, hot stone massages, sea weed wrap or any other services you've had and enjoyed.
Here is a Greenhouse Spa Menu from my recent Zuiderdam cruise. It might not be exact, but it'll be close.

Candy <-- goes for the set of 3 Ionithermies

The spa is well run and if you can afford it, it is fine addition to the cruise experience. They are priced 15-25% higher than a land spa.

If you get a massage, plan ahead and make the most of it. You should get there early. they will give a robe and a loicker and access to their bath area. You can take a nice hot shower in a real shower. You can take a nice steam or sauna. This will relax you prior to going in. After your massage you can take another shower to wash the oils off. After that you should consider where you want to go. Perhaps a late breakfast in the dining room. Perhaps a little lounging in the Lotus Spa pool.

Make the most of it and enjoy.

I recall paying $70-75 for a 1/2 hour and $110 or so for 50 minutes. I usually tip 15-20%.

They always try to recuit me for a second visit. I believe they are sincere. They claim they have found tension and that I should really come back. If I had a spare $1,000, I'd go every day, but I don't, so I usually take my one indulgance and thats it. :)

Archived