Long Beach Hotels w/parking

suziehmkr

I know to do a search before asking such questions, but it isn't working all that well right now.

When researching my last cruise out of San Pedro, many many mentioned Long Beach and most recommended the Coast Hotel. We now have a cruise booked leaving out of Long Beach later this year and need to think about hotels that offer parking.

I would immediately book the Coast Hotel, but a traveling partner of our stayed & parked there for our 15 day cruise last month.... came back to a broken window in his Suburban. Nothing was stolen, but it still concerned me.

Are there any other hotels in Long Beach that offer parking for the duration of the cruise? Do you think this was a freak thing as far as the window? I don't remember reading many bad things about the hotel, and would consider booking there - but want to look at options.

Not to mention and they have raised their rates from $149 to $175-$195. Hmmmm might be better to park at the pier instead for a 7-day.

We we did a 'Park n Cruise' and stayed at the GuestHouse international in Longbeach for $75 last year and left our car parked for 7 days. It's a decent 2+ star hotel. Nice pool. Outside corridor to rooms... if that makes a difference to you. Good neighborhood with lots of shopping near by (sears, fast food, Albertsons, mervyns, etc.)

For $75, it was a great hotel. I highly reccommend it... but not if you are a picky person. It's not a 3 star or better.

15 days sounds like a lot of time to park without someone washing your car... I'm sure it looked abandoned. For a longer cruise, pay them to wash the care once a week.

For $75, it was a great hotel. I highly reccommend it... but not if you are a picky person. It's not a 3 star or better.

15 days sounds like a lot of time to park without someone washing your car... I'm sure it looked abandoned. For a longer cruise, pay them to wash the care once a week.

Thanks for the info... did they have a shuttle to take you to the port? We aren't picky, especially if it is one night and a good deal.

BTW - my own car hasn't been washed yet. It still looks abandoned and we have been home for a week already. ;) I don't know if he has contacted the hotel or anything.... but by them raising their rate so much, they may be pricing themselves out of that program for the 7 day cruisers.... makes sense for the longer cruises though.

Thanks again!

I would immediately book the Coast Hotel, but a traveling partner of our stayed & parked there for our 15 day cruise last month.... came back to a broken window in his Suburban. Nothing was stolen, but it still concerned me.

That was an Isolated incident, There was probably something left out on top of the seat that alerted the rookie thief to break the window, a professional thief would of unlocked the door without leaving a scratch using a small hanger wire.

So far this is the only incident I have read on this website. We stayed at The Coast this past Oct, We had to 2 cars there, parked over by the Tennis courts and they left the cars alone. Also had 2 other couples from the CC Group that stayed there and they didnt mention any break ins.

I called them up and asked, the guy stated there was only 1 break in, (probably the Suburban) and another window shattered but it was due to a hit and run he thinks, the window wasnt shattered just cracked and the car wasnt broken into.

Call the hotel you are thinking to book with and ask them if they have had any break in or car damage.

Thanks Wennfred - I appreciate your info. I had gotten my friend that hotel at the decent rate of $149 and it was great for a 15 day cruise. But they have raised the rates and for a 7 day stay it doesn't make as much sense.

I did check Guest House and they didn't have any openings. I think I will have a problem because we leave on New Year's Eve.... we may just bag the driving and fly. But I would still like to check out other alternatives. I am going to check out the ones in San Pedro and see if any shuttle to Long Beach.

Thanks!

Thanks biggerbearmom - this is looking to be the way to go. And then book an inexpensive hotel via Priceline. Heck, I may splurge and surprise DH with a stay at the Queen Mary!! Still looking into flying.

Oh - website says $12 per day - so looks like prices are going up all over.

Thanks again!

Well, staying at the Coast Hotel might be a good alternative as you are going to pay $84 for parking at the pier anyway. hink of it at paying $100 for a nice hotel, and $84 for parking... instead of thinking about it as $184 a night.

It is very nice to arrive one day early. No worries then.

I know to do a search before asking such questions, but it isn't working all that well right now.

When researching my last cruise out of San Pedro, many many mentioned Long Beach and most recommended the Coast Hotel. We now have a cruise booked leaving out of Long Beach later this year and need to think about hotels that offer parking.

Are there any other hotels in Long Beach that offer parking for the duration of the cruise? Do you think this was a freak thing as far as the window? I don't remember reading many bad things about the hotel, and would consider booking there - but want to look at options.

Not to mention and they have raised their rates from $149 to $175-$195. Hmmmm might be better to park at the pier instead for a 7-day.

I just booked a room for myself and DH for our 2/26/06 cruise on the Carnival Pride at the Best Western in Long Beach for $120. That was there Park and Cruise special. Parking for the week and breakfeast in the morning. Also the hotel shuttle takes you to the terminal and picks you up when the ship returns.

Jennifer

The Marina Hotel in San Pedro has FREE parking for cruise duration and will shuttle you FREE to the Long Beach cruise terminal. I got it on Priceline for $72 for spring break this coming April. Three years ago it was only $45! But, the cost of living, you know.:rolleyes: It's still a good deal for a 3-star hotel with the complimentary shuttle and parking.

Thanks Wennfred - I appreciate your info. I had gotten my friend that hotel at the decent rate of $149 and it was great for a 15 day cruise. But they have raised the rates and for a 7 day stay it doesn't make as much sense.

I did check Guest House and they didn't have any openings. I think I will have a problem because we leave on New Year's Eve.... we may just bag the driving and fly. But I would still like to check out other alternatives. I am going to check out the ones in San Pedro and see if any shuttle to Long Beach.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
I just booked a room for myself and DH for our 2/26/06 cruise on the Carnival Pride at the Best Western in Long Beach for $120. That was there Park and Cruise special. Parking for the week and breakfeast in the morning. Also the hotel shuttle takes you to the terminal and picks you up when the ship returns.

Jennifer

Jennifer - can you give us an update about the hotel? How was it? Still debating keeping this reservation or trying to get the Marina in San Pedro on priceline.

I just booked a room at the Guest House International in Long Beach. $79 includes free parking during the cruise and shuttle to and from the pier. Cheaper than just the parking fee at the pier, seems like a great deal if you just want a simple room for the night before your cruise.

My concern for the Marina is this:

They are changing to a Doubletree. If I bid for this on Priceline and then AFTER they change they decide to not offer free parking anymore then it defeats the purpose of the booking. I would call and ask, but as someone that has gone thru many changeovers, I know they employee probably wouldn't know the real answer until the change takes place.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

I called and asked more than once and they assured me the parking would still be free. Of course, it would be nice if I had that in writing. :rolleyes: I wonder if I should call again and ask them to send me a brief e-mail stating that it's still free, as well as the shuttle. I know the hotel won't be refurbished yet when we cruise in less than a month. So I hope that means they won't make any policy changes, either. I would think if free parking for the duration of a cruise makes the difference between someone booking their hotel or not, they would choose to keep the free parking.

My concern for the Marina is this:

They are changing to a Doubletree. If I bid for this on Priceline and then AFTER they change they decide to not offer free parking anymore then it defeats the purpose of the booking. I would call and ask, but as someone that has gone thru many changeovers, I know they employee probably wouldn't know the real answer until the change takes place.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

• 4 weeks later...

not jennifer, but just stayed at the best western long beach for $79. a night. the rooms were very clean and comfortable, nice breakfast. and friendly staff. free ride to and from the port and enclosed parking for you car. the best part was the metro rail out the front door if you want to tour LA on your own. its not the ritz but was more than satisfactory. If your not real picky id recommend it and would go back again. being from ny thought la would be warm, but it wasnt:(

Thanks buggsie! I have been anxiously awaiting something from someone. I think I will just quit stressing about it and stick with it. The reviews on TripAdvisor have gotten better so they must have had a shakeup over there.

Ah! I see you expected what most expect from CA.... we are not as sunshiney as most think... We are actually having one of the rainiest winters ever! LOL Thanks for the info on the hotel!! :)

Archived