BACK FROM VICTORY 3/28-4/4

gymbrat33

I just returned from my trip on the Victory. The week went by super fast.

This was my first solo cruise so I booked all my tours through the ship. The only negative thing about cruising solo is people constantly telling you how brave you are for traveling solo. I would definitely cruise solo again.

EMBARKATION

I arrived at the port at 11:00 and was all set at 11:23. I was then asked to sit at a waiting area before boarding. I boarded the ship at 12:30.

THE SHIP

The ship was beautiful. The layout of the ship was like the Glory.

ENTERTAINMENT

I loved all of the shows. They had Living in America which I had seen on the Glory and Vroom which I had never seen. They also had gameshows, trivia, newly and not so newlywed game, and the talent show. I found Steve Cassel and Skippy super funny. I found it strange that they did not do the Bedtime story. The male singer had an awesome voice whereas the female's voice wasn't as strong.

FOOD

The food was delicious. I always had breakfast and lunch at the buffet and dinner in the dining room. The waitresses were Malita and Suzana. They were great. I ate a lot and made it to the gym.

COZUMEL

As I stated above I booked my tours through the ship. I went snorkeling and then went shopping on my own.

GRAND CAYMAN

I took a city tour which took us to the Tortuga Rum factory. You must purchase their rum cakes. They're delicious. They then took us to a town called HELL. After the tour I went shopping on my own. We had to tender at this port.

OCHO RIOS

I took a tour which took us to a Plantation, shopping, and to Dunn's River's Falls. I absolutely loved the Falls.

KIDS

There were a lot of kids which did not bother me at all. I wish they were this well behaved at school. (I'm a teacher) The ones that were really rowdy were the college students. All they did was drink and act disruptively and rude.

CRUISE CRITIC MEET AND GREET

We agreed on meeting in the aft pool between 12:00 and 1:00. I was there from 12:00-12:30 and then went back from 12:45-1:00 and did not see anybody. I didn't get to meet anyone from cruise critic.

Overall the cruise was perfect. I will start planning my summer cruise. I only have 9 more weeks to go before my summer vacation.

Imagination 8/02

Glory 8/03

Victory 3/04

Days til Miracle Partae Pirates Cruise from Tampa

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;02;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

partaepiratessmallsmall.gif?mtbrand=AOL_US

I Am So Jealous - you had Malita and Suzana - we were onboard the week before you and we LOVED them! They totally personalized our dining experience. Malita's enthusiasm was something we looked forward to every evening. We had a major bonding experience! Wanted to bring them home with us!

Glad to hear from someone who has recently sailed on the Victory!

I've been searching for two weeks for any recent reviews. Can you please tell me how that Ship's shape is? Is there any wear and tear or does she look good? What type of cabin did you have?

Please tell more, tell all!

The Victory is in great shape. I had an inside cabin on the second deck. The cabin is pretty big for an inside.

Imagination 8/02

Glory 8/03

Victory 3/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;02;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

I just got off the Victory a week ago today. Talk about withdrawls! icon_frown.gif I had the best time, the ship was in good condition. I had a cat 11 cabin on the 7th floor. The ship was better than I expected it to be. Just go and have a great time and make wonderful memories!! I am sure you will have a great vacation!! I wish I was going back again! The time just flys by, so make it last while you are there. icon_smile.gif Before you know it, you'll be home again! icon_eek.gif

Hey gymbrat, sorry we missed ya. We totally forgot about Monday. We met G-Man on our Jamaica tour. We had a great time also. We came home to snow icon_frown.gif

Bimmerlil

Celebrity Meridian 4/91

Carnival Carnivale 9/92

Carnival Triumph 4/00

RCCL Majesty 3/01

RCCL Soveriegn 8/02

Grand Princess 5/03

RCCL Monarch 11/03

Carnival Victory 3/04

We sail 2 weeks from today and are soooo!!! excited! We are a group of teachers, so we are going to try to tune out the kids, but they won't really bother us either!! As for wear and tear, I would be too busy with all the happenings to even notice frays, stains, dings, or dents! I am gonna have fun!! I want to start planning my next "big one" for 2007 but it appears I'm a little early!! May have to take a short one or two in between to keep my spirits up! icon_smile.gif

What deck do you recommend? We're looking to book our first balcony cabin. Our kids are going to be across the hall in an inside room, I hope. I have read a lot about how confusing Victory is to walk around on Deck 5? Any advise?

Bimmerlil, I'm sorry that I didn't get to meet you. What tour did you take in Jamaica?

BCBETH, Deck 5 is not complicated to find your way around. It is deck 4 if you have the Pacific dining room.

Imagination 8/02

Glory 8/03

Victory 3/04

Gymbrat, We did Phil Lafayette. He picked up a group of 8 of us at 8:30 and dropped us off at 3:00pm. We were with him all day. It was great.

Bimmerlil

Celebrity Meridian 4/91

Carnival Carnivale 9/92

Carnival Triumph 4/00

RCCL Majesty 3/01

RCCL Soveriegn 8/02

Grand Princess 5/03

RCCL Monarch 11/03

Carnival Victory 3/04

BCBETH, As far as a balcony, we were on the Lido deck at 9267. We liked the deck but we were close to all of the elevators and stairs it was noisy all night long. It could have been due to the amount of extra kids on board. I think it would have been quieter down the hall.

Bimmerlil

Celebrity Meridian 4/91

Carnival Carnivale 9/92

Carnival Triumph 4/00

RCCL Majesty 3/01

RCCL Soveriegn 8/02

Grand Princess 5/03

RCCL Monarch 11/03

Carnival Victory 3/04

gymbrat33, did you go to the disco? Did you meet alot of people? Did you see alot of the crew in the disco? I know what you mean, when you said it goes by super fast! It sure did. I wish I was still there! icon_smile.gif Glad you had a great time...

Yes, I went to the disco, but it was mostly teenagers and college kids 20-23 years old. I'm 33. Yes, I met a lot of people. There wasn't a lot of crew members at the disco.

When I went on the GLORY in August they had a night club for the teenagers. At the adult disco there were a lot of crewmembers on the Glory.

Thank you! I'm glad that you had a wonderful time too.

Imagination 8/02

Glory 8/03

Victory 3/04

We went to the disco too, and I am 37 and my friend is 35 and there were ALOT of young people in there. The security finally towards the end of the cruise started making the under 18 year olds leave. But usually on formal nights there were older and our age people there too. We did have a really good time and are hoping to go back again soon! icon_smile.gif

Sorry I missed you on deck on Monday. Only found sptree and her crew. Met staciq and her crew on our tour in Jamaica. We went to Chanakaab park in Cozumel-ok. Snorkeling and stingrays in Gr. Cay (done Dunns falls) - GREAT. Set up that private tour via a-z in Jmaica and it was wonderful. We had a wonderful time and now its back to the grindstone. Daughter bought a house and got engaged 2 weeks before the cruise so we will be busy and broke for the next year or so.

Holly

M/S Boheme 11/69

Rhapsody 2/77?

Azure Sea 3/89

Panama Canal 11/90

Mexican Riviera 3/98

Carnival Triumph 12/99

Carnival Spirit 12/01

NCL Dream 11/17/02

Celebrity Mercury 6/1/03

carnival Victory 3/28/04

Hello Victory cruisers....we leave on Sunday & are looking into excursions now. Might you have the capers or can you give me an idea on prices at the ports? Thanks so much.

Countdown to partytime!!!!!!!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;04;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

RC Nordic Empress March 1992

Carnival Festivale February 1993

Carnival Victory(Canada) August 2003

Carnival Victory (Carribean) April 11, 2004

Sweetcin: In Coz Mexico take a taxi to Paradise Beach but get there by 11:00 for a spot next to the water with an umbrella. We spent the day there. Had lunch and drinks that were reasonable. Do Capt. Marvins in Grand Caymen and Phil Lafayette in Jamaica. All of these tours have websites to book on your own. We have found booking these private tours instead of ship tours are more personable and alot less expensive. Have Fun icon_wink.gif

Bimmerlil

Celebrity Meridian 4/91

Carnival Carnivale 9/92

Carnival Triumph 4/00

RCCL Majesty 3/01

RCCL Soveriegn 8/02

Grand Princess 5/03

RCCL Monarch 11/03

Carnival Victory 3/04

We did Nativeway in Grand Caymans on our second trip and Eden Rock (snorkeling) on our first cruise. I loved Nativeway, they were very professional. Eden rock you can just walk to and can even do after going on another excursion, cause it is so close.

5/2 Victory Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;5;02;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Glad you had a great time on the Victory! We loved our cruise on her in January!

A word of advice to anyone sailing on her. "beware of the Seahorses, they bite!" The bruises on my legs just went away! LOL

icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Radiance of the Seas 01-02-05

Mariner of the Seas 09-19-04 (HOWL!)

Victory 01-04-04

Sovereign of the Seas 09-11-03

Sensation 06-19-03

Imagination 09-12-02

Triumph 09-09-00

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2004;09;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived