Seeking Your Opinion on .....

claud925

I'm interested to know who uses a Celebrity Rewards Credit Card to pay for cruises and, if you do, what are the "Rewards" you most utilize (stateroom upgrades, onboard credit, airline miles, etc.)?

Do they offer double points for Celebrity cruise-related charges?

How many points does one need to receive, say, a $100 onboard credit?

Is the general consensus that this is a good card for cruisers to have?

Thanks for all opinions.

I'm interested to know who uses a Celebrity Rewards Credit Card to pay for cruises and, if you do, what are the "Rewards" you most utilize (stateroom upgrades, onboard credit, airline miles, etc.)? Shipboard credit

Do they offer double points for Celebrity cruise-related charges? They offer the double points on your booking and any charges to your on board account

How many points does one need to receive, say, a $100 onboard credit? 10,000

Is the general consensus that this is a good card for cruisers to have? I love it. My wife and I went through IVF and charged the proceedure. It was nice to be able to reap the shipboard credit on our last cruise.

If you apply for the American Express one they are offering double credit for all entertainment and restaurant purchases through 2007. They also tell you that you will get double credit for Celebrity purchases but it works out to actually be triple points. They are giving double points since it is an travel charge and then another set for it being a celebrity charge. We just paid our final payment on our March cruise and earned 5700 points on a 1900 charge. We love it. Both my husband and I have our own account so we each are earning points but you can even combine the points through the mbna web site. Free cruise here we come.

Suzanne

Celebrity AMEX/MBNA card seems to be a good deal with no annual fee.

I started using my card in Sept. & got "triple miles" for our 2/13/06 Panama Canal cruise and "double miles" for the cost of the excursions we've signed up for. I don't know how I will use the mileage yet- will probably let them accumulate....

Rewards begin at 2500 points ($12.50 check).

Some basic rewards offered:

5,000 points = $25.00 check, OR $50 onboard credit, OR 2 "Celebrity robes", OR a "Celebrity celebration package"

15,000 points= $150 onboard credit, OR "fitness package", OR upgrade on Caribbean or Mexican Riviera sailing for 2 (Sept- May.... not to exceed $300.)

etc.......

75,000 = $750. cruise discount OR free companion fare on Caribbean or Mex. Riviera

and finally!!!!!:

125,000 points = free 7, 8, 9, or 10-day Caribbean or Mex. Riviera sailing for 2 in an oceanview stateroom.

(I got this from the MBNA website)

Archived