Coke vs Pepsi on the QM2?

dtwtraveler

Someone asked me about the cola available on the QM2. Am I right that only Coke and not Pepsi is available on the ship? And is it only available in cans at all of the venues on the ship? And is caffeine-free Coke available? Is it $1.75 in the room's mini-bar? Is it $1.75 in the bars and various venues?

Coke products only. They also have diet sprite and diet ginger ale. I think I remember Caffeine free being available.

I am, as we speak, drinking a diet pepsi I bought at Curacao. Hey! They can't fault me if they don't carry my brand!

I brought along a small insulated bag- tall sized- suitable for carrying sodas, champagne, liquor, whatever. Cunard still made plenty off of me on my bar bill! Trust me on that! I could practically gp on another cruise for the amount of my settlement account (Well, it included several pictures at $27.50 apiece- Be Forewarned! And they don't offer many in 5x7 or 4x6. DON'T pose and you won't be tempted! Also included our shore excursions- Also a bit pricy- but we enjoyed ours a lot.

More to come!

Karie

I'm the "someone" dtwtraveler was trying to help by asking this question. Can't have any caffeine at all and I'm a Pepsi type. Guess I'll bring my own as well as decaf tea just in case. Thanks for the heads up Appreciate your reply. Read your postings on your trip...glad you had such a great time. Not that there was much doubt about that. Welcome home....Penny

I'm the "someone" dtwtraveler was trying to help by asking this question. Can't have any caffeine at all and I'm a Pepsi type. Guess I'll bring my own as well as decaf tea just in case. Thanks for the heads up Appreciate your reply. Read your postings on your trip...glad you had such a great time. Not that there was much doubt about that. Welcome home....Penny

Thanks Penny

They had seperate boxes of various teas- one for decaf and one for cafeinated.

Of course clear sodas are usually decaf- except fotified things like Pountain Dew- So you're safe with Diet Sprite and I think diet gingerAle, both of whihc they had.

As for the drink stations- Not as much as some other ships, and often they would have one or another closed (or just put tray up in front of them and take off the labels, for instance, on the juices) Usually we could go down in the middle of the night and get som cranberry juice. Not something I prefer, but was needed medically, if you ladies get my drift! Usually the King's Court had something available. The only teim we found it turned off completely was just before disembarkation. They have to purge them every so often for cleaning, I'm sure, and there is no free soda fountains. You must order and pay for sodas. However, it is easy enough to put your sodas in your room fridge and tell your steward you do not need refurbishment, or to order (for $1.75 per soda) additional ones from him. I find the plastic screw top bottles to be convenient as you can drink what you want, re-seal them and have them remain fresh. If you don't want to stick them in the fridge, you can always get ice.And ice is usually available 24/7 in the King's court- I took an insulated large-mouth sipper bottle to get extra ice and got my steward to tell me where the ice pantry was, additionally. (I didn't end up using this as we were just up one flight from King's Court and I didn't want him to get in trouble)

Enjoy! When are you going?

Karie

Appreciate the helpful info. As long as there is ginger ale I'll survive.( but not diet...I'd die of thirst first!) But I'll sneak some decaf Pepsi just so I don't go into withdrawal (lol) I gathered from various postings that you had to pay for most everything which is no big deal.

WE are going on the Dec 2nd Caribbean and are beyond excited about it. Our first on the QM2. Already have a roll call going and so far there are 14 pax that we know of. Check us out on the roll call forum page! We're excited, no doubt about it. Watched you sail and it was exciting to say the least. I even saved some cut and pastes from the webcams since she won't be doing that from NY anymore. Thanks again....I'll be watching for more of the helpful CCers postings! Penny

Thanks for the info re the drinks station. We don't drink soda - fizzy drinks at all and sometimes just like plain water or tea/coffee. I prefer to run a drinks bill up with something more exciting than a bottle of water.

Looking forward to August!

is surely a better question!

Well, after all, they do have the Veuve Cliquot Champagne bar- Though I must admit, I never went by there to sample the faire!

In fact, I ended up taking the bottle of Moet et Chandon (White Star) that I brought with me back home with me! Too many other fun drinks to try- Had a Hot Toddie when I started coming down with this cold- Thanks to Steve in the Golden Lion- His suggestion. Could use one now! but I've started my diet, so probably best I not drink while not eating!

But OTOH, I did not gain one single pound on board! (and ate like a little piggie! But got plenty of exercise, all the same!)

Karie,

Who still needs to lose a bunch o' pounds to avoid going cargo next time! <G>

P.S. Golden Lion makes the best Mojitos!

I am a big fan of caffenie but my traveling companion is not. Sprite has no caffeine so if your not intrested in diet (also no caffeine) try that. The soda and water in the fridge is not expensive if you don't want to add a cooler to the luggage load. I believe te verve clique is caffeine free as well. My recomended drinks are the BBC and mudslides, yummy!

What is the champagne on arrival on QM2?

It's Perrier Jouet on QE2 which is good.

I can assure you it wasn't Perrier et jouet!

It was some non-name brand- in fact, I didn't even notice if it was champagne or merely sparkling wine! I think it was whatever they use for their house brand. I'm thinking it was two letters- like A&B or something Or maybe not! I was so cold I couldn't tell you if it was Kool-Aid! Well, okay, it was dry-

As we were waiting to leave the ship, they were placing bottles outside the rooms for the present cruise. Some were the small bottles, some were the larger ones. odd. These were all the same size cabins!

I'm sorry I can't tell you the name. I'll see if I have anything that might jog my memory.

Karie

I can assure you it wasn't Perrier et jouet!

It was some non-name brand- in fact, I didn't even notice if it was champagne or merely sparkling wine! I think it was whatever they use for their house brand. I'm thinking it was two letters- like A&B or something Or maybe not! I was so cold I couldn't tell you if it was Kool-Aid! Well, okay, it was dry-

As we were waiting to leave the ship, they were placing bottles outside the rooms for the present cruise. Some were the small bottles, some were the larger ones. odd. These were all the same size cabins!

I'm sorry I can't tell you the name. I'll see if I have anything that might jog my memory.

Karie

Might have been Pol Acker, a Blanc de Blancs Brut billed on the label as a so-called "premium sparkling wine." It's what was in our QM2 cabin in September. Dry but undistinguished. On the other hand, my friend on the January 2006 QE2 crossing had a large bottle of Perrier Jouet waiting for him when he arrived in the cabin, courtesy of the Hotel Manager. It does help to have friends in the right places....

Might have been Pol Acker, a Blanc de Blancs Brut billed on the label as a so-called "premium sparkling wine." It's what was in our QM2 cabin in September. Dry but undistinguished. On the other hand, my friend on the January 2006 QE2 crossing had a large bottle of Perrier Jouet waiting for him when he arrived in the cabin, courtesy of the Hotel Manager. It does help to have friends in the right places....

That rings a bell to me. You may be right. Or I may have had that as the house sparkling at dinner one night, even though I specifically asked for a house champagne, which is usually serviceable. More than once I saw them bring a sparkling wine when Champagne was requested, but not by house/vintage. As though anyone not specifying probably wouldn't know the difference! No, sometimes, I'm just cheap!

I must stop talking about this, though. There's a bottle of Moet White Star in my fridge right now, and I can faintly hear it calling my name! I'm home sick at the mooment, and that sure sounds like medicine to me! <G>

Karie

Might have been Pol Acker, a Blanc de Blancs Brut

Yes, I think this might have been the french sparkling wine we had in our cabin. Far from the Veuve Cliquot served in most places on board, but drinkable right after opening the bottle.

Karie, you should have stopped by when we enjoyed the champagne bar. Maybe next time?

Archived