Pirate Ball

Cruisindoc

There is a "Pirate Ball" on our cruise to Hawaii. Has anyone experienced this? Do people really put on customs for the evening or for just the Ball?

There were about fifteen people who were decked out for the Pirates' Ball. Some of us just bought the kit on the QM2 - red bandana, three-cornered hat and eye patch. We probably looked strange at our Britannia table dressed in the kit. I think that everyone else just dressed up for the ball.

There is a "Pirate Ball" on our cruise to Hawaii. Has anyone experienced this? Do people really put on customs for the evening or for just the Ball?

There were MANY people dressed for the pirate ball. Many of them wore their regalia before dinner and in the Brittania restaurant. All-in-all, it was a real hit!

We brought things to create our own costumes with. IT's so much better and shows more thought than buing an eye patch bandana and whatever else was in the package for ten dollars. It's a lot more fun, too!

One man was dressed in red thermal underwear...ONLY! He was .. (wait for it!) LONG JOHNS SiLVER!

He won a prize, if only for having the brass ones to fo it!)

Will post a pic of us in costume soon.

Karie, just back from 3 Jan Panama- And raring to go again!

I have done a crossing on QE2 and a Caribbean on QM2 - I am doing West Coast Break Feb 22 - 25 - believe it or not on that short cruise, we have 2 balls - a black and white and masquerade - I have never done a ball so I am looking forward to it - a friend did a Mardi Gras so she gave me 2 feather masques - I'm excited about it. And I agree, so much better to know ahead of time so you can take something vs. buying what is on board. Have fun!

Archived