Tahitian Princess questions

Dena

We'd like to see Tahiti, but have only sailed on the Diamond, Dawn, and Sapphire and we really enjoy antime dining. We know TP doesn't have this (although Renaissance did - so it's clearly possible). What are plusses and minuses of the TP compared to Princess' larger ships.

Does anyone know if the promenade deck has lounge chairs? If not, is there anyplace outiside where one can view the sea while sitting in the shade? What about deck chairs in general, are there enough? Is the Horizon Court 24 open hours like on other ships? What are the chances of getting a table for 2 in the dining room?

This review was posted awhile back in the Pacific Islands section and is very detailed about the ship and ports. I printed it out just in case I couldn't find it later when I'm getting ready to book the TP.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=239328

There was also a photo diary posted awhile back that included lots of interior/exterior pictures of the TP, but I can't remember who posted it.

we have never been on any of the larger Princess ships, but we have been on the Tahitian Princess twice, with the third time next year. It is a wonderful ship, and French Polynesia is spectacular!! true, there is no anytime dining, but the two specialty restaurants are great if you you don't want to sit at the regular dining times. the Horizon court is not open 24 hours. what a wonderful cruise this is.

Actually.. Air Tahiti is a very nice way to begin your cruise. Very up-to date/modern facilities, with many individual movie choices to choose from...plus inter-active (on-flight) trivia games -done via the individual tv sets each person has - and onboard gaming, including tic-tac-toe and similar games.

Plus, as an added bonus!!.......with meals, free wine is provided!

The flight to Tahiti was a very nice way to begin our cruise! :p

You will have the cruise of a lifetime. All Princess ships are beautiful. The TP is elegant!

In as much as the ship is small, everything is convenient on board. It was our best cruise ever. The Society Islands will take your breath away.

Enjoy!

I have also heard good reports on Air France, an Air New Zealand also flies there. they are supposed to have comfortable planes.

there are deck chairs all over the place, we have never had any problem finding some, maybe not next to the pool but we don't like being in the sun that long anyway.

Dena,

Our Cruise Critic group cruise on the TP isn't until mid-August so I can't answer your specific questions. However, our group cruise website has lots of information about the TP and the islands we'll be seeing: Group Cruise.

As you'll see, we have the Daily Patters and lunch/dinner menus among lots of other information.

Enjoy!:D

Dena -- We've sailed this ship three times and one of our favorite places to relax is on Deck 5, under the lifeboats. It's a shaded area on both sides of the ship and has really comfortable padded lounge chairs there. I'm also going to divulge one of our best kept secrets.:eek: On the sun deck (deck 11 forward), forward of the golf practice net (starboard side), you will find an exhaust duct with refrigerated air blowing out. Just move your lounge chair in front of this duct (day or night), and you will feel cool as a cucumber!:cool:

Kathy

... I'm also going to divulge one of our best kept secrets.:eek: On the sun deck (deck 11 forward), forward of the golf practice net (starboard side), you will find an exhaust duct with refrigerated air blowing out. Just move your lounge chair in front of this duct (day or night), and you will feel cool as a cucumber! ...

Thanks for this secret -- I haven't seen that many PAX on our 3/20 roll-call, so maybe only a few of us will be competing for this secret spot!

Archived