Photo ID for non-sailing wedding guest

coach_anne

My son will be getting married on board RCCL Explorer OS in June. :) The wedding will be while the ship is in port at Cape Liberty, NJ.

My MIL, who has neither passport nor drivers license, will be attending the wedding but not sailing with us.

Has anyone any idea what other photo ID the ship will accept to allow her on board for the wedding, or where to find out? :confused:

TIA!

She doesnt have an ID card?

Even if she doesnt have a passport or a drivers licence - most states require at least an ID card.

Best to call the cruiseline or the wedding planners and ask this question, eh?

She doesnt have an ID card?

Even if she doesnt have a passport or a drivers licence - most states require at least an ID card.

For what? As far as we know, she has no photo ID, not even a credit card with her picture on it. :rolleyes:

I wonder if there's any NYState place to ask about getting a state-issued (i.e., official) non-drivers photo ID?

Best to call the cruiseline or the wedding planners and ask this question, eh?

Have asked TA, and will tell DIL2B to ask Royal Romance. TA has much more patience than I in dealing with RCCl customer service, and better connections, too! :D

Will post answer here whenever I get one -- just in case other wedding parties have similar issue.

Will post answer here whenever I get one -- just in case other wedding parties have similar issue.

My wonderful TA quickly replied:

"From what RCCL says, any type of gov't issued photo id. If she doesn't have DL, she should be able to get a DMV issued ID card with photo. How does she normally board airplanes? <-- That's what RCCL asked me."

That's a good question -- she HAS flown, albeit rarely and not recently. OK, time for DH to call his mother...

Thanks everyone for your replies!

My 87 year old grandmother does not have a DL or ID card, Carnival called customs for me and told me that my grandmother can use her credit card that has her photo on it for an ID. I was also told that children did not need an ID.

My stepdad lost his wallet before our wedding aboard the cruise ship.. he had absolutely no identification and they let him on the ship for our wedding on the Ft. Lauderdale Pier. Just have to do some smooth talking

He was also able to somehow buy an Airline ticket home without any identification either.. they will let him on

Archived