Excursions

mittenscat23

In general they are good. You have to read the (long) descriptions carefully before you buy, because they are (in our experience) very accurate, honest descriptions of the excursion. It is hard to predict in advance whether any given port will have easy access to downtown. We particularly select Windstar excursions to get to places that are 60 or more minutes "out of town".

Our last pair of cruises went to several very small Asian ports, one of the plusses of Windstar. But in the cases where there was no terminal building, taxi line, or walk-to-downtown, I never tested whether the "temporary" tourist office in a tent was able to phone for a taxi to come to the port!

Some of the tours on our 212-passenger ship filled up by the time of the previous evening's Port Talk. (I'm just mentioning that, not urging you to make a hasty decision in advance ... )

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:04 AM, CruiseOrLand said:

In general they are good. You have to read the (long) descriptions carefully before you buy, because they are (in our experience) very accurate, honest descriptions of the excursion. It is hard to predict in advance whether any given port will have easy access to downtown. We particularly select Windstar excursions to get to places that are 60 or more minutes "out of town".

Our last pair of cruises went to several very small Asian ports, one of the plusses of Windstar. But in the cases where there was no terminal building, taxi line, or walk-to-downtown, I never tested whether the "temporary" tourist office in a tent was able to phone for a taxi to come to the port!

Some of the tours on our 212-passenger ship filled up by the time of the previous evening's Port Talk. (I'm just mentioning that, not urging you to make a hasty decision in advance ... )

Thank you for the information.