Appreciate Help With Newer FLL Hotel Plse!

cruisecrasy

Enjoy reading and doing my 'homework' on this site. Some very knowledgeable folks here and I am grateful u are willing to share the information.

Settled on SE 17th Street hotels 'cause want close to Port Everglades plus shops etc. but wld also enjoy Ft L. Beach area. Travelling companion however wants a new or newer hotel - Any u have tried and wld recommend and why? Will be there in third week of Nov for 3 nites.

Thanks very much in advance &

Happy cruising all!!

Renaissance is the newest hotel on SE 17th Street, it's in a great location directly across the street from the entrance to the port... http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/FLLBR

The Atlantic is the newest hotel on the beach that's currently open... http://www.starwoodhotels.com/luxury/search/hotel_detail.html?propertyID=1475

As Bequia said the St. Regis is currently suppose to open in September... http://www.starwoodhotels.com/stregis/search/hotel_detail.html?propertyID=1512

And the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach is suppose to open in August... http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=FLLFSHH

I would be a little leary of those last 2 though if you're coming in November as the St. Regis opening date has been moved back several times, and the new Hilton has a long way to go before it's finished.

Wht not try the Pelican Beach Resort, a little out of Fort Lauderdale but quite new.

They do have a web site so you can see the hotel.

Ah, yes... For some reason that one slipped my mind! :o

Pelican Beach Resort's new tower is very nice and just over a year old. I would ONLY want to be in the NEW tower there though... http://www.pelicanbeach.com/

Just knew u wld come up with some great suggestions...If I may be permitted - two more questions please.. Pelican Beach Resort hotel - is it within easy walking distance for shopping & restaurants? I have a mobility problem and while I am able to walk short distances like up to 3-4 short blocks and enjoy doing it, longer distances, hills & uneven surfaces are out for me. Renaissance hotel sounds good plus do u recommend the Hyatt Pier 66 which my research shows is close to Port Everglades also and says is a 'short'? bridge walk away from shops, etc. Do they fit within my mobility requirements?

Many thanks in advance..

Happy cruisin' all!

Pelican Beach Resort is on the north end of Fort Lauderdale Beach and is not within walking distance of anything. You'll need a car or cab if you stay there.

Hyatt Pier 66 is an older hotel that's currently undergoing a major renovation. It will be all completed long before November, and yes, it's across from Port Everglades, and the tower rooms have a spectacular view of the port, but it's on the "wrong" side of a very tall, rather longish bridge from the shops and restaurants of SE 17th Street. If you have problems with long walks and "hills" you probably won't be able to handle that bridge. It's a wonderful full service resort with it's own Water Taxi stop, but if you want to get out of the hotel for shopping and dining the Water Taxi may be your only option if you don't have a car or want to take a cab for everything.

Renaissance is a great hotel close to everything. If you have mobility problems and want something new, close to the port (it's directly across the street from the entrance), and close to shopping and dining then IMO Renaissance on SE 17th Street would be your best bet. It's also 2 blocks from a Water Taxi stop if you wanted to take that to the shops and restaurants on Las Olas Blvd.

Many thanks - u are most generous sharing all this great info..

Sounds like the Renaissance is the one for me. Is it within a sort walk to the pier or wld u recommend we call a cab anyway and as we like to board early when do u recommend we arrive at the pier? Thanks so much in advance.

Happy cruisin'! (as if it cld be anything else?)

Well the Renaissance is just across the street from the entrance to Port Everglades, but you'll want to take a cab. It's not set up for walking within the port complex, and it's VERY large - about 2 miles long, so depending on where your ship is docked, the walk could be very long!

Archived