Anyone stayed in suite 8106 on Summit

english couple

My husband and I are taking my father in law on board the Summit on 26th February to the Panama Canal. We have reserved suite 8106 on Panorama deck and we understand that my father in law will have to sleep on the couch and gain access to the bathroom at night through our bedroom. Has anyone stayed in this suite and has any photos and do you see this being a problem. Please email me on elaine.burgess@dsl.pipex.com

Hi,

Depends how close you are to your Father in Law.

Does he go to the bathroom often during the night,

Why not book a Conc.Class Balcony and an inside for him opposite on say Deck 8.

Go to the celebrity site and follow the lead for staterooms you will get an idea of the size etc.

To see Pics go into search type in Cabin 8106 Celebrity etc and you should find some more info.

The PanaMa cruise is great.

English couple - just a suggestion. He can stay in his "room" at night if you bring one of those plastic portable urinals. It has a cap on it and he can just take it in to the restroom with him in the morning after you are up. He will have plenty of privacy, as will you if you do that.

To see some pictures of your cabin type, go to

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Celebrity/summit.htm

(if you cannot "click and go, then cut and paste it into your browser.

The left side of the page has a down arrow. Go to "CS" and look at the layout and pictures.

A couple more pictures are at

http://community.webshots.com/album/103217963vrlcUD

It is a lovely room. Enjoy it!

Yes, your father-in-law will have to go through the bedroom to use the bathroom. However, having said that, if this is not too big a problem for you, the suite is wonderful is so many ways. The living room has 2 easy chairs as well as the sofa and a dining room table with 4 chairs, should you wish to have a meal or two in your suite. We tried one of these suites last month for the first time and liked it so much we have booked it for 2 more cruises. The wall-to-wall, ceiling-to-floor windows offer a spectacular view!

Hope this helps.

My wife and I stayed in 8106 on Millennium, which has exactly the same layout as the corresponding suite on Summit (decor varies, but they're all different from one another in this regard).

For a variety of pictures and a floorplan complete with dimensions, I'll refer you to chapter 38 in my continuing installment travelogue. Once in the chapter, scroll down a ways for the relevant material: Click here for chapter 38.

Bon Voyage,

chesterh

Archived