Cruise brides who am I supposed to tip & how much

sd1029

I am packing and trying to put envelopes together w/ tips for the coordinator, piano player... but I am not sure how much is appropriate and who all should I tip. Do I need to tip the bartender at our open bar, the officiant...? Did you give them the tip before or after the wedding?

I would think you'd do just as you'd normally do on land.

Yes, you tip the offical, the bar tender, the piano player, etc. How much depends on the length of their service and as far as I know you tip them when their duties are completed.

I'd love to hear what others have to say!

I didnt tip anybody - and it's not because I am cheap. I didnt think I needed to. For the prices I paid I thought the tip was included.

$150 an hour for a D.J. - his tip was definitely included!!! (and he really didnt do a thing)

My officiant made it plain and clear that he wanted OFF the ship asap

My wedding coordinators acted unprofessional

But, I didnt withold a tip because fo all of this, I really didnt even think about tipping anyone....:confused:

I would feel bad if I had gotten exemplary service and didnt tip them....then again, if I had gotten exemplary serives I probably would have thought TO tip them, or someone would have mentioned it to me....

I didnt tip anybody - and it's not because I am cheap. I didnt think I needed to. For the prices I paid I thought the tip was included.

$150 an hour for a D.J. - his tip was definitely included!!! (and he really didnt do a thing)

My officiant made it plain and clear that he wanted OFF the ship asap

My wedding coordinators acted unprofessional

But, I didnt withold a tip because fo all of this, I really didnt even think about tipping anyone....:confused:

I would feel bad if I had gotten exemplary service and didnt tip them....then again, if I had gotten exemplary serives I probably would have thought TO tip them, or someone would have mentioned it to me....

Oh that is so sad. Were these cruise employees or private services? I am curious. But regardless, I am sorry you had such a negative experience. :(

On my contract with The Wedding Experience, I could see what tips were included. For the food service and such all tips were included. For the salon services the tops were included and for the entertainment they were included as well. As a matter of fact, I think all tips were paid for in advance (not just included in the price, but an extra 15% added onto the price specifically for tip). We had such outstanding service from our photographer and onboard wedding coordinator, however, we chose to tip them additionally. Same for the waiters in Sabatini's, they went above and beyond by decorating the tables for me (with the items I brought on board) and provided such amazing service that 15% wasn't enough so we tipped them additionally too. My only concern was that the 15% I paid for gratuity to TWE actually made it to the staff, but I guess that's a problem between Princess and TWE if it didn't.

Oh that is so sad. Were these cruise employees or private services? I am curious. But regardless, I am sorry you had such a negative experience. :(

Everything I contracted was done through Royal Romance/The Wedding Experience.

I did take up all my complaints with them after I got back and I did get a letter of apoloy and a refund on some of the services they provided.

Trust me - I understand the socioeconomic backgrounds of the people employed by cruiselines and always make sure to tip standard or above if I recieve exemplary service. Tipping isnt a problem.

On my contract with The Wedding Experience, I could see what tips were included. For the food service and such all tips were included. For the salon services the tops were included and for the entertainment they were included as well. As a matter of fact, I think all tips were paid for in advance (not just included in the price, but an extra 15% added onto the price specifically for tip). We had such outstanding service from our photographer and onboard wedding coordinator, however, we chose to tip them additionally. Same for the waiters in Sabatini's, they went above and beyond by decorating the tables for me (with the items I brought on board) and provided such amazing service that 15% wasn't enough so we tipped them additionally too. My only concern was that the 15% I paid for gratuity to TWE actually made it to the staff, but I guess that's a problem between Princess and TWE if it didn't.

It's good to know that the $$ I paid included tips since I went 100% through RR/TWE. I must have missed that part in the contract.

Archived