Star Princess - front of ship?

snowbegone

can you be more specific?? Cabin #. Inside or outside. Outside cabins are almost all obstructed views ( meaning lifeboats are in the way of your window). Cabins in the front of the ship on the emerald deck are above the theater but noise is not really a problem after midnight. If you're really sensitive about motion you will notice it more in the front of the ship as opposed to the rear or the middle. I'm really particular about location since I'm sensitive to motion so a forward cabin is not for me but for most people it is not a problem. I guess it depends on your personnal needs. A forward cabin on the emerald deck is by far not the worst location on the ship but it's not the greatest either ( at least for me ). Hope that helps a little.

Thanks for the reply. It is an outside cabin on the Star Princess - Emerald deck rm# 121. On the deck plan online and it looks as though there are outside stairs to the upper promanade near it. I wonder if that will be a noise problem also I wonder if people will be able to look right in room?

We were on the Grand Princess (sister ship to Star Princess with same layout) a couple of years ago. We were in cabin E110, which is on the opposite side a few cabins further forward. While it wasn't my favorite cabin ever, it was fine. Noise was no problem, though people do occasionally walk by your cabin window. Though you don't have an obstructed view, you may need to keep your drapes closed when your are dressing, etc. I actually went outside & looked in our window to see what people were able to see. In order to get a really good look inside, one had to stop & come very close to the window to see much of anything.

So, I think you will be pleased with the cabin & will have no major issues with it. Have a great cruise!!!

P.S. - I've also been on the Star, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask. It was several years ago, though, so I probably don't remember a lot of details! (Beautiful ship, good food, great service)

I don't remember ever seeing that promenade but I guess it's there !!!! I don't even see an entrance to it. Actually now I see from the pictures I think that it extends from stairs on the promenade deck. If that is the case I would imagine the window to be visible to people on the deck. I don't think noise is a factor but it would appear that with curtains open people could see in the cabin. The idea of that doesn't seem right. I think I would call Princess and ask about that.

Archived