mountain biking vs. Embera Indian Tour

soo z q

18648647.gif

My family is carefully considering the mountain biking vs. Embera Indian Tour -- both of which are offered aboard the Carnival Legend while we're docked in Colon. Any comments on either of these excursions would be most appreciated!

I have not been on either but I have heard alot of positive experiences from people who went to the Embara Indian site. I absolutely raved about it, thought it was the best excursion ever. If I were to go back again through the Canal I would take that excursion.

Marilyn

On our Panama Canal cruise everyone who did the Indian tour were raving about it. I listened to many seasoned travelers that have seen the world telling us that next time we MUST do this. They said it would be a one of a kind educational experience for my kids. We had chose to stay on the boat so we could do a full transit. It is now on the top of our list for the next rrip.

Soo Z Q

Unless you and your family are acclimated to physical actiity in 80 degree and higher temperatures accompanied by humidity at the 80 degree or higher mark, you might be more exhausted than exhillarated from a mountain biking tour in Panama.

Since you can always mountain bike in a temperate climate, but can'talways visit Indians who are still very much living their way of life, I suggest taking the Indian tour.

Papa Dick

We visited the Embera Indians when we were on the Coral Princess In November. It was a great tour. There is a bus ride through the countryside. You then have to ride in a longboat for about a 30 minute ride to get to their village. You are greeted by the tribe with music and help in getting your lifejackets off. You get to stroll through their village and interact with the people. We were also offered a lunch of fried fish etc that they made for us. It was really different and stressfree way to spend a day. Would recommend this to anyone.

Archived