General snorkel tour advice

trumpetfish55

I went on a snorkeling excursion this week on Grand Cayman and it was great. I recommend this to most people who can handle a little rocking in a smaller boat and that can swim. 

Some general observations /suggestions:

-If you cannot swim I do not recommend a snorkeling excursion or stay on the boat. There were a couple poor swimmers that were not comfortable at Stingray City in 3-4 feet of water. The crew was great but the couple sounded terrified in the water. Listening to the screaming I’m not sure if this was the right trip for them. 

-The stingrays are big and think you have food. They get very friendly. If you or your children or parents are afraid of this this may not be the trip for you. Or stay on the boat. 

-If you are prone to sea sickness carefully consider if this type of trip is right for you. The boat rocks in the open water. I do not think it was a good experience for the person vomiting for hours. The rest of the people, although sympathetic, also did not enjoy watching the vomiting or the bag of vomit spilling on the deck.