just got back from the jewel

vegetarian

forgive me for all the typos and spelling mistakes. i drank wayyy too much last night and my list is all out of order.

1. getting on the boat took about an hour and a half and i arrived around 12

2.desserts were incredible! i ate like 3 different kinds of moouse a day :eek:

3.entertainment was very very good and they had a lot that would keep people of all different age groups happy

4.didnt get to go to the private island due to wind. the captain then said we would go to key west with freemont as a worse case scenerio. all of that got canceled and people were pissed off. they refunded everyone about 15 dollars:rolleyes:

5.breakfast at the garden cafe isnt wonderful for vegetarians

6.blueberry and kiwi cream is WONDERFUL at tsars

7. room service pp&j and vegetable pizza is tasty although the service takes a long time

8.blue lagoon service was HORRIBLE imo. i went there late at night when hardly anyone was eating there and it took them 20 minutes just to take my order (i had to come up to a server) of iced tea and fries. within 5 minutes i was done with my drink (tiny cup) and you have to be the one to track down a server to refill it. other people that i got friendly with had the same expierience with the service and the blue lagoon.

9. grand cayman snorkeling at eden rock did not live up to the hype imo. hawaii has much more to offer for snorkeling.

10. roatan beach at the mayan princess was BREATHTAKING. spend your day there. skip the west end imo. i tried to save a dog from drowning but i think it died within minutes. it was sooo skinny and i believe it had broken legs and broken ribs. roatan imo was depressing because people are so poor and there are homeless boney dogs searching everywhere for food.

11. shore excursion in jamaica for river tubing was wonderful though i sucked at it.

12.lots of young people and singles! i found romance with 2 guys on the cruise:o

13.hot tubs are only hot about half the time imo

14.there needs to be a better selection of food at blue lagoon since its the only 24 hour place to my knowledge.would love a 24 hour buffet

15.servers at tsars are funny.when i ordered dessert, i said i want nothing and they came out with a plate that had the word nothing written in chocolate:D

16. ship and mates was hilarious though it was very short

17. my friends seemed to love the spinicker night club lounge. very fun place for i dont know, people over 18 i suppose

18. express debarkation was a breeze! i was out of there in less than 20 minutes

Veg,

Looks like overall you had a great cruise. My friends and I are booked on the same itinerary April 2nd. Where did you travel from to take the cruise? If you had to fly in, how were the tranfers to and from the ship? WHat type of cabin were you in on the ship and how was it?

Thanks for the info.

Welcome back Vegetarian. How did your situation work out with the 3 roommates in the inside cabin? Were your seperate charges handled ok? Did you find enough dining options for a vegetarian?

:p Glad you were able to make a few new friends on the ship....

:)

Veg,

Looks like overall you had a great cruise. My friends and I are booked on the same itinerary April 2nd. Where did you travel from to take the cruise? If you had to fly in, how were the tranfers to and from the ship? WHat type of cabin were you in on the ship and how was it?

Thanks for the info.

i traveled from los angeles. i didnt book anything through the ship for transfers. i was in an inside cabin on the 4th deck sharing it with 3 other female students.it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be. sometimes we even had 6 people sleeping in the room lol.

Welcome back Vegetarian. How did your situation work out with the 3 roommates in the inside cabin? Were your seperate charges handled ok? Did you find enough dining options for a vegetarian?

:p Glad you were able to make a few new friends on the ship....

:)

thanks:D . the situation with 4 high maitence females was actually ok. the bathroom was a little hard to manage but we got used to it. i would usually leave the pool early or leave whatever we were doing earlier than everyone else so i could shower. the suitcase situation was kinda bad because each of us had a large suitcase and only 2 fit in the closest. separate charges were handled a okay. they actually have a vegetarian buffet for about an hour an half (it really just means they put a few vegetarian dishes out there) but i always missed it because i would be sleeping:eek: :( . aside from that, the options were a bit tricky and i tended to have the same thing to eat everyday.

Archived