Pacific Princess 4/11/07

gone2c

Am looking at this cruise for my husband and I. As we have spent a couple of weeks in New Zealand doing the north and south islands we are interested in doing just Australia this time. I can find no other line that does this than P&O. This cruise goes from Sidney to Cooktown and back. We thought we would spend a week before visiting Melbourne and Adeline. Can I have some thoughts on this whole idea.

Linda

That sounds like a great idea Linda. I have just had a look at that itinerary and it looks great. Have you been to Australia before? The Whitsundays would have to be one of the most beautiful places on earth so IMHO any cruise that involves The Whitsundays would be a good cruise. I believe Port Douglas is really nice too. I'd love to go there. I'd also love to go to Cooktown. Went to Cairns on my cruise in '86 and swore that one day I'd go back there (I'm still waiting). Did you mean spending a week in Sydney before going to Melbourne & Adelaide? That sounds like a great trip. I'd go for it if I were you.

Karen

You have chosen well and I agree with Karen...Sydney,Melbourne & Adelaide (the church city) are similar to all big cities.

But the Queensland Coast is often left off visitiors lists from overseas and in my opinion it is the area that should be seen before anywhere else.

The scenery is just beautiful especially around Cairns and the islands.

Port Douglas is the town with the most appeal.

Just a word of warning...it can get very hot in summer. I time my trips up north for the winter months.

However most of your time will be spent on the ship where the temps are controlled.

Hope this helps.

Marleneann.

ha ha ha ...Karen.

Actually the house is showing it's age just now...it is fourteen years old.

But Buderim is a beautiful place to live. Not far to the beach but just outside the rat race at high tourist season.

I think you live at Liverpool ...is that correct?

Have you ever been to the Sunshine Coast?

Marleneann.

Yes, I'm at Liverpool. I have been to the Sunshine Coast a couple of times. The last time Easter 2000. We spent a few days at Maroochydoore before going down to the GC. We went to GC again in Oct '04. Personally I prefer the SC but we did the GC for the kids sake. We did have a great holiday though. Fortunately hubby & I both love all the rides too.

Karen

Archived