Century 1/12/06 two nighter

aloanldy

Just wanted to tell those cruising on Century that she is still very beautiful.

We spoke to several employees about her up coming refit/refurb. Alot of them do not take vacation during refit, from what they said they will be there working the evenings to restock and remove items from the ship.

The service was exceptional as always. For Those who mention that the quality of Celebrity food as gone down I must say that this was not the case on this cruise. Going on this 2 nighter I expected the food to be fair at best. I was totally mistaken. This food was up to Celebrity standards and then some. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful as always.

There are some areas of the ship where she could use some newness, for the most part she is still as lovely as the rest of Celebrity's fleet.

Met a bunch of fellow CC'ers in the Martini Bar and had a great time. I think we scared the bartender when we ordered 20 samplers at the same time, but they were gracious and got the orders out quickly.

IF you are booked on Century before her refit, do not worry, you will have a great time.

Charlie

The other thing I noticed is how much everyone dressed to my surprise.

From what I saw most EXCEEDED the dress code of casual.

Sorry I didn't get to meet and greet at the martini bar....I took advantage of the 30.00 off a full body deep tissue massage at 5:00. It was well deserved and much needed.

The only disappointment was the last night at bingo...damnit...I was standing waiting for that last number for the "X" and $1000.00+. All I needed was I 25. and they called I 16, 17, 19, then an O and I lost.........Oh well it would have covered the bar tab.

I did notice that the drinks went up considerably, however they have always made 'stiff' ones in the past so I guess I'm paying now for the previous ones also...no biggie.

Food was excellent. The couple we took "newbies" are 'food and wine people' and they were pleasantly surprised and truly content in their choices. As amatter of fact they are already contemplating the next cruise.

THis was TRULY an exceptional escape from the cold weather in Chicago....( and I'm glad we wore long pants and jackets home...it was chilly that last morning in Ft. Lauderdale.

Great time! great food! great crew! and many new friends!

Dave:eek:

Archived