The straw situation

nancyshaw

It's no hardship drinking from a glass without a straw, I've found, if you are not an invalid I mean.  I've gotten in the habit of leaving them on the table unwrapped.  I like supporting this movement.

2 hours ago, alc13 said:

It's no hardship drinking from a glass without a straw, I've found, if you are not an invalid I mean.  I've gotten in the habit of leaving them on the table unwrapped.  I like supporting this movement.

Getting rid of plastic straws is a start..... A tiny start. It pales in comparison to the thousands of plastic bottles of water given to passengers at every stop.  How about each passenger given a metal Yeti bottle with your cruise and your responsibility to fill it before leaving the ship??   And think of the fun watching your fellow passengers drinking a frozen margarita or daiquiri without a straw.....:classic_biggrin:

Edited by Jim Avery

6 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

Getting rid of plastic straws is a start..... A tiny start. It pales in comparison to the thousands of plastic bottles of water given to passengers at every stop.  How about each passenger given a metal Yeti bottle with your cruise and your responsibility to fill it before leaving the ship??   And think of the fun watching your fellow passengers drinking a frozen margarita or daiquiri without a straw.....:classic_biggrin:

Metal bottle - brilliant!  A marketing opportunity, too, since it could be branded.  Win-win.

9 hours ago, alc13 said:

I ordered Iced tea and the straw came IN the glass, not handed to me separately. There was a small piece of paper on the top of the straw.