Caves & Jungles of Belize Tour

friedshrimp

I recently (within the last several months) read about cave tubing and it seemed that it could be tricky if there has been alot of rain and the river rises speeding up the current. It was either on Holland America or Carnival boards and the originator of the thread had young children whose lives were compromised on the tubing trip. Others then responded with stories of older passengers who also had trouble. However, I think the majority of the responders felt the tubing was safe, but people with youngsters and/or seniors with them should think twice.

Has anyone recently been on this tour. My 71 year old father (moderately active) is going on a cruise with us in April and I want to know if this tour would be too strenuous for him? Thanks for any info!

We were in Belize on Dec. 31, but did not take this trip over concerns regarding our twin daughters being able to handle it (7 years old). We befriended a nice family from Wisconsin who did, however, take the trip and they raved about it and after spending some time with them/them meeting our daughters etc, they were convinced our girls would have been just fine. A bit of hiking and a few spots here and there that were a bit difficult (perhpas more mental than physical) but all in all they gave it high marks and ok'd it for kids for sure. Good luck.

Archived