Sun - AE Suite Perks - 2/4/06 Sailing

err929

I have read many different posts about the perks for category AE. Specifically, do I get the following: priority embarkation/disembarkation, full in-suite breakfast, liquor????:confused: (I don't mind paying - just don't want to have to constantly go the bar!). Is the luxury bath really any big deal?

Also, my suite is "on" the rear of the ship. Have seen some posts with concern with wind on the front. Any issues with the rear?

I had a mini-suite on the Majesty a couple of years ago, and truthfully, there wasn't much difference other than priority check-in/out. The bathroom did have a tub, but wasn't anything special.

I have cruised most other lines and some allow advance liquor purchase for stateroom consumption. I don't see any "bon vonage" liquor items - only wine!

One more thing, several posts on other sites have had horrible things to say about the dining with the exception of the premium restaurants. I loved free-style dining last time, and didn't have any issues with the food in the regular dining rooms. The premium restaurants that I've been to on NCL and others are obviously better. Are there now "issues" with the main dining room?

Hi, err929. I'm pretty sure that only the penthouse suites and above get the full in-suite room service. You will still be able to order from room service, only it is somewhat limited. No liquor in the cabin. :o And I think you can only order wine for delivery to your cabin. You will be able to use the concierge for making dinner reservations, and you'll have priority disembarkation and priority tendering. I'm not sure about priority embarkation--that seems to depend somewhat on where you're boarding.

We have one of the aft minis for our cruise in May. I have heard that some ash lands on the aft decks and that you should cover the chairs so you don't get ash on your clothing when you sit on the chairs. If you're on Deck 10 (we are), there may be some noise from the late-night and early-morning cleaning of the Great Outdoors Cafe. I'm not concerned about any of this -- I want my aft mini!

We have never had any issues with food in any of the restaurants on any of the NCL ships we've cruised on.

Have you done a search to find photos of your suite? If you can't, e-mail me and I'll share some photos I have (cruise underline more underline often at yahoo dot com).

Thanks for your input. I did read on another post that I can order Bar Setup. Sounds like the way to go. It's worth a phone call at least. ;) I also read somewhere that the Sun does give AE full breakfast in suite but not AF Suites. I can't for the life of me see any difference in the categories, but it works for me, so we'll see. I did see a picture on expedia's site, but am interested in your pics also. Thanks again for your reply. :o

Only for those who expect 5 star service on a 4 star cruise line.

Face the facts, NCL doesn't charge Celebrity, Holland American, or Cunard prices.

Only for those who expect American dishes in a Continental Restaurant.

Whe face dwith a traditional Romanian and Thai entrees, or ordering Baked Chicken, many Americans will order Baked Chicken then complain about the poor choices available at the Main Restaurants.

The food is as good as it's always has been, it's just that NCL has recently changed some of the menus, and some don't like surprises. The old favorite and very popular President's Dinner Menu turned up missing..........

I also read somewhere that the Sun does give AE full breakfast in suite but not AF Suites. I can't for the life of me see any difference in the categories, but it works for me, so we'll see.
Well, now you have me really interested! To me, that's a great amenity. Would you let me know when you return?

Thanks for your input. I did read on another post that I can order Bar Setup. Sounds like the way to go. It's worth a phone call at least. ;) I also read somewhere that the Sun does give AE full breakfast in suite but not AF Suites. I can't for the life of me see any difference in the categories, but it works for me, so we'll see. I did see a picture on expedia's site, but am interested in your pics also. Thanks again for your reply. :o

The key to whether you get full breakfast in suite is the butler. Cabins with do those without don't. The AE don't:mad:

We have one of the aft minis for our cruise in May. I have heard that some ash lands on the aft decks and that you should cover the chairs so you don't get ash on your clothing when you sit on the chairs. If you're on Deck 10 (we are), there may be some noise from the late-night and early-morning cleaning of the Great Outdoors Cafe. I'm not concerned about any of this -- I want my aft mini!

We were in aft AF minisuite 9278 last year for Alaska and our friends were in the mini nextdoor. Although we never "saw" any ash, I did notice one day after sitting in a chair outside that when I stood up, I had ash on my rear. From then on, I just remembered to put a towel on the seat before sitting down. The chairs were dark blue, so it was difficult to actually see the ash on the chairs before sitting. But as far as standing outside and having it rain ash, we didn't experience that at all on our deck and neither did our friends nextdoor.

Our group had three cabins on deck ten - all insides - but all underneath the Great Outdoor Cafe. They had no problems with hearing noise from above.

I think our only complaints from the entire cruise on the Sun were sailing with adult passengers who did not know the meaning of "wait in line" - they would just cut in line (the students I teach at school have better manners than some adults on our cruise last year). Some adults had no concept of manners (just my opinion - maybe hubby and I were raised differently than how they were.) Food was good, particularly in LeBistro, but like another poster said, you're not paying for HAL or Celebrity. NCL did another outstanding job on our third cruise with them. Staff was attentive, and the concierge Anca was great. :)

Archived