MSC Drink Vouchers 2019

Maikell

In May 2019 we book at MSC with the Magnifica for an Eastern Mediterranean cruise.

At the time of booking we where able to buy drink vouchers. We also have purchased these.

Now MSC has replaced his drink packages for all inclusive packages and the vouchers are no longer available.

My question is whether i now receive the drink vouchers because i booked them in advance at the time these where available?

Can someone give me a definite answer about the above question please?

Thanks a lot!

• 1 month later...
On 12/26/2018 at 3:40 AM, Maikell said:

In May 2019 we book at MSC with the Magnifica for an Eastern Mediterranean cruise.

At the time of booking we where able to buy drink vouchers. We also have purchased these.

Now MSC has replaced his drink packages for all inclusive packages and the vouchers are no longer available.

My question is whether i now receive the drink vouchers because i booked them in advance at the time these where available?

Can someone give me a definite answer about the above question please?

Thanks a lot!

Did you ever get a definite answer from MSC? Curious as have similar situation and MSC customer services says they will not guarantee pre-purchased or left over drink vouchers can be used as they say it depends on the ship (??)

1 hour ago, lambs2 said:

Did you ever get a definite answer from MSC? Curious as have similar situation and MSC customer services says they will not guarantee pre-purchased or left over drink vouchers can be used as they say it depends on the ship (??)

MSC customer service in the Netherlands told me that pre purchased vouchers will be a guarantee for the transation period in 2019. Left over vouchers are never valid on a next cruise as always. :-)

50 minutes ago, Maikell said:

MSC customer service in the Netherlands told me that pre purchased vouchers will be a guarantee for the transation period in 2019. Left over vouchers are never valid on a next cruise as always. 🙂

Does the ship keep a record of what cabin is using them? Is that how they know if you are entitled to use them? The vouchers all seem to look alike, right? There is no expiration date or ship name on the ones I have used in the past.

Edited by lambs2

5 minutes ago, lambs2 said:

Does the ship keep a record of what cabin is using them? Is that how they know if you are entitled to use them? The vouchers all seem to look alike, right? There is no expiration date or ship name on the ones I have used in the past.

The ones I saw on ebay had a serial number. 

Capture.PNG

Okay so that means noone on here has used their vouchers from one ship to another? Please let me know as I don't want to be embarrassed. So people selling these on Ebay are selling useless items then...

Edited by lambs2

29 minutes ago, Maikell said:

Indeed, but the crewmembers often pay no attention to the serial numbers. So you can give it a try. Some will accept and others don't. Keep in mind that when you buy on ebay you have unvalid vouchers.

Seems like they might check them quite a bit more after March 25 since there will  be many less using vouchers after that date.