Triple vs Quad

Souper Cruiser

My family (15 of us) are traveling on a 5 night cruise out of New York in June on the Carnival Victory. My husband and I along with our 8 and 10 year old sons are in my cabin. We have an outside cabin with no balcony. I want to be near the rest of the family and it seems the only thing we could get nearby is a triple. I have been told by our travel agent that Carnival will move a bed in and out of our room everyday and it will be "more accommodating and that they would move what ever we need daily" Has anyone had experience with this? I am fine with it as long and it is a reasonable. I would appreciate your feedback.

You may be OK because the OV cabins are a bit larger than the inside and balcony cabins on the Victory so there will be a little extra room for the rollaway. As far as a "triple" cabin goes...do you know if you have a bunk or will it just be a convertible couch?

This past summer I had booked an OV guarantee cabin for myself, my DH and my sister (we are all 40-something.) We were thrilled to be upgraded to a balcony cabin, but when we arrived we found out we were in a double cabin. The couch in a balcony room is more "love seat" size and the steward made it up as a bed the first night for my sister...but it was way too short. The rest of the week we had a rollaway bed.

Although it was folded up during the day, it was still in the way, taking up space. It blocked part of the small couch so only one person could sit on it at a time. At night our cabin became "wall-to-wall" beds...there was just enough room to squeeze out between my bed and the rollaway but that was about it.

Although I was disappointed in the sleeping arrangements, having the balcony was very nice. And even though we booked a total of 3 guarantee cabins, Carnival put us in cabins all located close to each other.

Hopefully it helps...you can check on my links below to see some pictures of our cabins.

A couple years ago we ended up in a regular statemroom turned triple with the addition of a cot nightly. Luckily, we were travelling with my Mom, who had a balcony stateroom to herself - my older daughter ended up rooming with her and we asked the steward to take the cot away. When the cot is in the room there is absolutely no space left - imagine 3 people trying to get ready for a formal night with no space whatsoever. You will literally be fallingover each other! Upgrade to a larger room, or find one with the fold down bunk - do not accept the cot under any circumstances, you will regret it. Smooth seas to you all!

Archived