***** Qm2 July 3/2006

GRIFFITH1

Photo of the QM2 leaving NY Harbor under the VZ bridge on June 9th heading transatlantic to the UK.

Next time back in NY will be our cruise on 7/3.

Regards,

:) ESLO

(Ed & Bev)

Photo of the QM2 leaving NY Harbor after passing the VZ bridge on June 9th heading transatlantic to the UK.

Next time back in NY will be our cruise on 7/3.

Regards,

(Ed & Bev)

Hi Everybody ~~

We're just back from 4 days at Disney World with our 8 year old Granddaughter, Emily - at least 100 degrees everyday -- walking, walking, walking or standing in long lines -- hot hot hot!! But, we had a lot of happy times and some very memorable moments. It was a fun time for all of us.

Now we're ready to think about cruising again. Checked the board today to see what's been going on and was happy to see the pictures from Ed & Bev. Thanks y'all. Hope it's not hot in Boston, Bar Harbor and Halifax. Does anybody know what to expect as far as temperature. Yes, I checked online but just wondering if shorts are appropriate or do we need jackets? Hopefully somewhere in between.:)

Thanks y'all. Hope it's not hot in Boston, Bar Harbor and Halifax. Does anybody know what to expect as far as temperature. Yes, I checked online but just wondering if shorts are appropriate or do we need jackets? Hopefully somewhere in between.:)

Well, I'm not on that trip, but I live up here. We also have "camps" (what y'all would call a cabin) in Maine, so I am familiar with the vagaries of New England Weather.

For July, expect it to be hot, except that if a cold front come through, it could turn "chilly" (What Georgians would consider downright winter! <G>) For myself, I would bring a light jacket or wrap of some sort, bearing in mind you can always go inside if it gets chilly. Because you are used to warmer weather down there, it might seem much cooler to you when it gets chilly. I liken that to how it is in the spring. When you are ued to winter, here, a 70 degree day seems downright hot. But when you are used to 90, 70 is very cool, almost cold. So expect hot, but bring along something you could layer- a light jacket will probably be fine. It rarely is cold in July, even with bad weather (which I PROMISE you will not have! I have asked the weather-fairy for a special favor!) The coolest weather might happen in the event of rain. And you wouldn't be likely to be outside then anyway!

Have a marvelous time!

Karie,

who always remembers what Mark Twain said about New England weather (He lived in Hartford CT) "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute!"

Hi Everybody ~~

We're just back from 4 days at Disney World with our 8 year old Granddaughter, Emily - at least 100 degrees everyday -- walking, walking, walking or standing in long lines -- hot hot hot!! But, we had a lot of happy times and some very memorable moments. It was a fun time for all of us.

Now we're ready to think about cruising again. Checked the board today to see what's been going on and was happy to see the pictures from Ed & Bev. Thanks y'all. Hope it's not hot in Boston, Bar Harbor and Halifax. Does anybody know what to expect as far as temperature. Yes, I checked online but just wondering if shorts are appropriate or do we need jackets? Hopefully somewhere in between.:)

Hi 2cruisers in Georgia,

Welcome back from Fla! Sounds like you had a GREAT TIME.

Thanks for your thank you for our pictures. It was a great thrill to see her going under the VZ but sad to have to see her leave till 7/3 for her return. But, happy that we will onboard on her return. This was my very first picture posting and wanted to get it just right the first time.

I looked up the AAA tourbooks and found the following temperature info-

Boston for July Max 82 Min 65

Bar Harbor for July Max 80 Min 57

Halifax for July Max 75.2 Min 55.4

We will of course look closer to the date for the 10-15 day forecasts. I agree with you, I would like to wear shorts too after all our cool weather here up north.

Till the next time........

Regards,

(Ed & Bev)

Wow!!!! Just Three Weeks From Today . It's Finally Getting Close Now . Almost Time To Start That Packing . We Have To Pack For A Two Week Trip...... So We Will Have A Little Extra Packing To Do .

Three Weeks From Today We Can Feel The Ocean Breeze As We Sail Away . We Can Get Really Excited Now That We Can Just Count Down The Mondays That Are Left .

Thinking About Going To The Red,White & Blue Ball And The Black & And White Ball Is Going To Help Us To Daydream About The Cruise . :d

We Have Purchased The Transfers Through Cunard From The Airport To The Ship Terminal . I Was Wondering About How Big And Difficult The Airport Might Be In Newark To Get From The Gates To The Baggage Claim Where I Assume The Transfers Will Be Waiting . We Did A Transfer In Ft.Lauderdale And Then In Miami In February And It Was Pretty Rough For My Parents . My TA Says That Newark Is Easier . I Sure Hope He Is Right . We Fly In At 12:30 From Houston On The 3rd .

I Wish We Could Have Come Into New York A Few Days Early But It Was Not Possible For This Trip . It Has Been So Long Since We Were There . I Think 1984 Was My Last Visit . Maybe We Will See A Little On The Ride From Newark To The Ship .

COUNTING THE MONDAYS,

Linda G.

Thanks Karie and Ed & Bev for the weather info. We usually go to the Caribbean in the summer and have never been to Bar Harbor & Halifax so guess packing will be a lot different. Good to know there is a possibility of needing a light jacket. Karie, thanks for putting in a good word with the weather fairy, hopefully it will help.

I showed my Ed the pictures tonight (from Ed & Bev) and now we are both excited and can't wait to see the fabulous QM2. We are starting to put our clothes out in the guest bedrooms so we feel like it is just around the corner. Looking forward to seeing everyone -- well, except for Karie. Why don't you join us?

We have never been to Bar Harbor & Halifax so guess packing will be a lot different. Good to know there is a possibility of needing a light jacket.

I showed my Ed the pictures tonight (from Ed & Bev) and now we are both excited and can't wait to see the fabulous QM2.

Hi Ed & Wanda,

I must admit, I would like to supply information about the experience of the recent weather up there but really can't. We did do this same trip 3 times in the past. Twice on the QE2 and once on the Caronia. But, it was many, many years ago and the earth's weather patterns defintely changed. We did have wonderful weather without early morn or evening jackets. Lots of shorts wearing and walking in Boston, Bar Harbor and Halifax without any problems. Warm and sunny. I really hope we have the same thing again like we had in 2001 and prior. The North Atlantic can be mean.

Yes, the pictures are great. I wish I had my digital camera with a better zoom on it. But, the shore walkway was a distance from the water. I also wish I would have had the time to go into Fort Hamilton Army Base which I have privileges to and would have taken the pictures from the Bluff. The photos would have been prize winning. A very special place for viewing the bridge and the harbor traffic.

My wife starts packing about 14-10 days ahead. She just got all her special dresses for the Red White Blue Ball and Black & White. My Tux & White jacket are going into the cleaners.

It would be a pleasure to meet you and hope you will stay safe with Alberto heading from Florida.

Till next time..........

Regards,

(Ed & Bev)

Thanks Karie and Ed & Bev for the weather info. We usually go to the Caribbean in the summer and have never been to Bar Harbor & Halifax so guess packing will be a lot different. Good to know there is a possibility of needing a light jacket. Karie, thanks for putting in a good word with the weather fairy, hopefully it will help.

I showed my Ed the pictures tonight (from Ed & Bev) and now we are both excited and can't wait to see the fabulous QM2. We are starting to put our clothes out in the guest bedrooms so we feel like it is just around the corner. Looking forward to seeing everyone -- well, except for Karie. Why don't you join us?

I wish I could! The cost for the extra day was just so much more than the September cruise. And of course, I now have other issues in my life that make me glad I won't be on it. My Dad is still bouncing from rehab to hopistal to emergency room- Thursday her was released to a re-hab step-down place. Friday he was taken back to the ER- I havn't called today. I'm afraid to! And of course, I have until July 18th to settle my job situation. I am being surplused out of my present job, but HR and the union both assure me that they are working on something and to sit tight! Easy for them to say! If they don't succeed, it's Gosh, I'm sorry, we tried. Meantime, I could be making plans. I've had offeres but am holding tight for now. I'd hate to turn down a solid offer and then their work fall through!

But I may be there to see you off. I will be going to a concert at Jones beach on the 2nd, I think it is. Hope to bop over to Brooklyn and drive home up the Sawmill and up 84 on our way home. (to Connecticut)

As for you, hope you're not down near Waycross or Valdosta (as my sister and cousin respectively are) You are going to get drenched! Florida needs it to put out the wildfires. Volusia county is glad (Daytona Beach area) but y'all don't need more rain! Do you? Good luck. Stay dry! Homossassa and Gainesville look like they may take a direct hit, or pretty near, the way I see it!)

Karie,

who learned to follow and track hurricanes when she moved to Florida at age 11- came with the territory!

Hi Ed & Bev ~~ I guess we can't really ever predict the weather but we will hope for the best. It's the same way in Atlanta. If you were coming here, I'd have to say it will be hot but then we could have a cool spell. We never know.

Hi Karie ~~ Sounds like you have your hands full right now. I can relate to your losing your job as I am being forced to retire soon. Of course, I probably never would have done it so I guess it's good that I have to now since the big announcement came on Jan. 23rd that the Ford Plant in Atlanta is being closed and that's where I've spent the last 33 years. It's either retire or move to Michigan so guess I'll stay here. Hope you can come to see us off. When we are standing on deck watching the ship leave, how will we know if we see you?

Looks like we won't have any affects from Alberto here in Atlanta although we do need rain. We were affected by the wildfires last week at Disney World as the Magic Kingdom area was very smoky on Saturday and we could smell the fire.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in 19 days!!

Hi Ed & Bev ~~ I guess we can't really ever predict the weather but we will hope for the best. It's the same way in Atlanta. If you were coming here, I'd have to say it will be hot but then we could have a cool spell. We never know.

Hi Karie ~~ Sounds like you have your hands full right now. I can relate to your losing your job as I am being forced to retire soon. Of course, I probably never would have done it so I guess it's good that I have to now since the big announcement came on Jan. 23rd that the Ford Plant in Atlanta is being closed and that's where I've spent the last 33 years. It's either retire or move to Michigan so guess I'll stay here. Hope you can come to see us off. When we are standing on deck watching the ship leave, how will we know if we see you?

Looks like we won't have any affects from Alberto here in Atlanta although we do need rain. We were affected by the wildfires last week at Disney World as the Magic Kingdom area was very smoky on Saturday and we could smell the fire.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in 19 days!!

Not to worry. Cruiser King will point me out!

I'm big as a house with Lo-o-o-ong brown hair! (It might be tied back if it is REALLY hot.) I might wear my QM2 hat (Black with QM2 logo) Usually I am wearing some sort of Hawaiian Shirt. Since I will have come from the Jimmy Buffett show the day before....Will be with the SO, Marc, who also has slightly long hair- Geek style pony tail. (He grew it for me. He used to have a crew cut- ugh! <LOL>)

Hey I was afraid I would have to move to Atlanta a few years back. Presently my corporate HQ (Cingular Wireless) I was in Ormond Beach two weeks ago and drove to Vero one day. Went through quite a few patches of scorched earth and one area around the cape where you could really smell it. Probably the same one you smelled. It was around the same time. Hey! Maybe I saw you in Orlando ariport. It was a hurried trip, booked overnight, so we flew into Orlando rather than trying to find a decent fare without too many planes into Daytona (no direct flights there!)

Hey nothing against Atlanta. Half my relatives are in Marietta or Woodstock. My Aunt was a Dunaway of Dunaway Drugs fame. (Yes, the one who sued her mother and brothers who cheated her out of her place in the business.)

I hope you enjoy a wonderful retirement! More time for CRUISING!

Karie,

Who could not tolerate retirement. Afraid I would turn into Katie Sagal's character in Married With Children. (Pass the bon-bons, please!)

We arrive the morning of JULY 3, and booked the Hospitality transfer which will take us from NEWARK to Mid-town Manhattan to one of CUNARD-preferrred hotels for "freshening up" & sightseeing in the city. HAs anyone used this transfer before; just curious....By the way, one's baggage is transferrred to the ship and we will embark later that afternoon. I suppose it beats a long wait (all day)...any feedback would be great !:)

Sorry it's been so long since I've last posted, but things have been very hectic around here. (just finished 8th grade). Hopefully we'll see all of you onboard.

Also about the dress code, I just contacted Cunard and they informed me that we will only be having the Red, White and Blue ball and the black and white ball that they know of, but there could be another formal night added once we get onboard.

Personally that seems crazy to me but that's what they said.

Katie

We arrive the morning of JULY 3, and booked the Hospitality transfer which will take us from NEWARK to Mid-town Manhattan to one of CUNARD-preferrred hotels for "freshening up" & sightseeing in the city. HAs anyone used this transfer before; just curious....By the way, one's baggage is transferrred to the ship and we will embark later that afternoon. I suppose it beats a long wait (all day)...any feedback would be great !:)

Hi All & sdb1s,

We wish you a safe trip from Fla. up north to RedHook, BROOKLYN - USA!

I really can't comment about the Hospitality Transfers that occurs in NYC especially related to Newark to Manhattan to RedHook. I know that there are several very distrubing threads about Cunard Transfers that were very negative and concerning on this Cunard Board. I was shocked to read these. It was a shame that this really occured. I must side with these people with the valuable time they lost no less the unprofessional matter the way this was handled. Plus the cost passengers must pay.

We once experienced an arranged transfer for the QE2 in London. We were supposed to have a transfer to the hotel with a Cunard Hostess from the airport. Well, no one met us and there was another couple lost and also were to be met. Lucky we were in London in the past and knew it and after waiting too long, they shared a taxi with us and headed to the hotel. When we got to the hotel and told the Cunard Rep what happened, they were shocked and very sorry it happened. Well, the bus from the hotel to the ship went well and a pleasant trip was had.

Please be forwarned to what has happened to others. We very much hope the conditions have been corrected but it doesn't hurt to side on the side of caution. We are lucky to just live 20 minutes away and just walk in and board the Qx Mary.

Till 18days from now.........................

Regards,

(Ed & Bev)

Hi All & sdb1s,

We wish you a safe trip from Fla. up north to RedHook, BROOKLYN - USA!

I really can't comment about the Hospitality Transfers that occurs in NYC especially related to Newark to Manhattan to RedHook. I know that there are several very distrubing threads about Cunard Transfers that were very negative and concerning on this Cunard Board. I was shocked to read these. It was a shame that this really occured. I must side with these people with the valuable time they lost no less the unprofessional matter the way this was handled. Plus the cost passengers must pay.

We once experienced an arranged transfer for the QE2 in London. We were supposed to have a transfer to the hotel with a Cunard Hostess from the airport. Well, no one met us and there was another couple lost and also were to be met. Lucky we were in London in the past and knew it and after waiting too long, they shared a taxi with us and headed to the hotel. When we got to the hotel and told the Cunard Rep what happened, they were shocked and very sorry it happened. Well, the bus from the hotel to the ship went well and a pleasant trip was had.

Please be forwarned to what has happened to others. We very much hope the conditions have been corrected but it doesn't hurt to side on the side of caution. We are lucky to just live 20 minutes away and just walk in and board the Qx Mary.

Till 18days from now.........................

Regards,

(Ed & Bev)

Hello fellow QM2 cruisers,

There are 14 of us joining you. It's being called the "Birthday Bash," as I will turn 50 on the Halifax day. We hail from Texas, Colorado, Alabama, New Jersey, England, and the Bahamas. We will be the ones hogging the ship's champagne!

Here's an early toast to a very happy cruise! [ JJHootie clicks her own glass. ]

Cheerios! JFS

WELCOME TO YOU, JJHOOTIE AND YOUR GROUP OF 14 . HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU IN ADVANCE . WHAT A GREAT WAY TO CELEBRATE YOUR "50TH" ON THE QUEEN MARY 2. MY SMALL GROUP OF 4 ARE COMING ALSO FROM TEXAS AND WE ARE ALSO CELEBRATING. MY HUSBAND AND I ARE CELEBRATING OUR 21TH ANNIVERSARY . I BET THERE WILL BE A LOT OF EVENTS GOING ON SO WE CAN ALL TAKE PART TO CELEBRATE TOGETHER .

WE ARE NOW REALLY CLOSING IN ON OUR DATE OF DEPARTURE . WE HAVE PULLED OUT OUR LUGGAGE IN THE GUEST BEDROOM SO THE PACKING CAN BEGIN . I LIKE TO PACK WAY IN ADVANCE OF OUR TRIP SO THAT I CAN THINK ABOUT WHAT NEEDS TO GO WITH US . WE SEEM TO DO BETTER THAN IF WE WAIT UNTIL JUST A COUPLE OF DAYS BEFORE TO THROW IT TOGETHER . IT HELPS TO BE READY JUST IN CASE SOMETHING COMES UP AT THE LAST MINUTE . LAST SUMMER WE HAD A CRUISE TO ALASKA SCHEDULED AND THREE DAYS BEFORE WE WERE TO LEAVE , MY FATHER-IN-LAW HAD TO HAVE A HEART BY PASS SURGERY . WE ENDED UP LEAVING HOME THOSE THREE DAYS EARLY . IF WE HAD NOT BEEN PACKED , I WOULD HAVE BEEN IN BIG TROUBLE .

IT SEEMS FROM THE NEWS , THAT NEW YORK IS ALREADY HAVING VERY HOT WEATHER . I GUESS THAT MEANS WE NEED TO PACK ALL OUR COOL CLOTHES . IT IS HOT IN TEXAS RIGHT NOW . IF ANYONE IS COMING TO TEXAS IN THE SUMMER , IT IS ALWAYS VERY HOT HERE ALL SUMMER . WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT COOL OCEAN BREEZE AND COOL SUMMER DRINKS .

NOT LONG TO WAIT NOW . JUST 14 DAYS !!!!

FROM TEXAS,

LINDA G.

Hi everyone and welcome to JJHootie,

It is nice to hear about all of the celebrations in our CC group. Adam and I will be celebrating our 9th anniversary and my birthday while on board. We also plan to enjoy the champagne :)

Has anyone been to the champagne bar on The QM2? What did you think? What were the prices like?

I can't believe how soon we will all be on board. Very Excited!

Deb

Hi All,

T Minus 13 days and Counting 12, 11, 10, 9..................

Potential Weather on Long Range Forecast... (That Can Change)

July 3rd - NYCVery Humid Some Clouds Sun T-89 Feels Like 99 UV-7

July 4th - BOSTON

Plenty Clouds Poss Chances Rain T-80 Feels Like 78 Low 64 UV-3

July 5th - BAR HARBOR

Considerable Clouds Rain Possible T-71 Feels Like 71 Low 54 UV-2

Congrat's to all who are celebrating celebrations. Hello to JJHOOTIE, the largest group within the CC gathering. We also will be celebrating this year 30 years Annv in Sept. and my parents also onboard just celebrated 2weeks ago 61st Annv.

Let's send a message to the Weather Fairy for better forecasts to come.

No new news on our last visit to the RedHook Terminal. Should be a quiet day (7/3) since everyone should have gone on vacation for the long holiday weekend the previous Friday. There should be no trucking traffic around the terminal and tunnel area.

Till then...........

Regards,

(Ed & Bev)

Hello to all, especially those fellow Texans. We are getting SO excited as the trip is almost here. We, along with our friends from Houston, are flying to NYC three days early to "do the town". For those of you who have been on the QM2 before or any Cunard liner, I have a quick question. We got upgraded to Deck 11 but our friends still haven't been upgraded and they're on Deck 6. As we'll all be leaving from Manhattan together, do you think they'll let our friends board a little early? Sure hope so.

And where again is the meeting of this illustrious group going to be the first night on board? And what time? Can't wait to meet y'all.

And what's the deal with the restaurant where the luncheon buffet will be? I read that some people think it might be closed when they board.

Really appreciate all the hints and advice I've gotten from everybody. Thanks so much.

bexxma

"Hello to all, I have a quick question. We got upgraded to Deck 11 but our friends still haven't been upgraded and they're on Deck 6. As we'll all be leaving from Manhattan together, do you think they'll let our friends board a little early? Sure hope so".

As long as you turn up as early as possible you should have no trouble boarding together regardless of your cabin grade.

"And what's the deal with the restaurant where the luncheon buffet will be?"

You will find that the Food, sorry, "King's" Court will be open for lunch.

Enjoy your voyage.

Bexxma and July 3 QM2 Cruisers,

Our Cruise Critic Gathering will take place on July 3 at 10 pm at the Commodore Club, located on deck 9 forward. A 10 pm start time will enable those of us with late seating dinner plans to have ample time to make the meet and greet.

Long range weather forecast calling for rain on Monday July 3 (ugh) but mix of sun and clouds on July 4 and 5. 12 more sleeps.

See you all soon.

Jonathan

Archived