Questions about Coconuts...

firsttimecruiser77

Hi all,

I need some advice. Our plan is to do the Hideaway Beach boat excursion and then follow it up with a visit to either Paradise Beach or Coconuts. The experience we are looking for is peace and quiet, good food and fewer kids (no offense to those with kids but we are leaving ours at home for a reason :) ) It seems that Paradise Beach gets crowded at times. How are the evenings? We are in port until around 8 pm so I'm hoping the crowds will thin out by then. So, advice: Should I try to do Paradise Beach or Coconuts? Which one will be closer to the experience we are looking for? Secondly, is Coconuts accessible by taxi because it seems most people are renting cars to get there? Our excursion will be over around 5 pm so we'll have about 2 hours after to do one of the two places. Look forward to hearing your best advice!!!

Thanks...

Coconuts would be a choice for less people as it is further away. Hopefully by the time your cruise comes up the port times will be back to normal. Most of the ships have a cutoff of 5pm because they are only tendering during daylight hours.

Dave

Our excursion will be over around 5 pm so we'll have about 2 hours after to do one of the two places. Look forward to hearing your best advice!!!

Thanks...

Bad news, PB closes around 5:00 pm. The beach is still there, but the club itself closes.

Coconuts might be open a little later, but because there are no electric lines on the East side, there will be little lighting. They also probably close around sun down, which is pretty close to 6:00 pm.

Even if Coconuts was open until 10:00 pm, you don't really have enough time to get there and back and still have time to enjoy it there.

Ahhh! So, even though our ship shows it ports until 8 pm, we may end up leaving sooner? I'll be so sad if I don't get to visit one of the beach clubs. The only available time for our excursion is 1 pm although I'd have preferred the 11am. I'm going to look into booking it directly through the vendor vs. through the cruise line. The only issue now is tendering and whether we will be off the ship in time to make an 11am tour. I've heard some serious horror stories about the tendering issues.

Oh well, I guess we will have fun no matter what we do. Just go with the flow, huh? Thanks for your advice, Gentlemen!

Archived