Paradise Cove & Haitian Village Trip (Labadee)

zebe912

I attempted to search, but can't seem to find any info or reviews of this package.  I prefer to explore the places I am, rather than sit around on a beach. However, I'm wondering whether this is actually an interesting and informative trip, or just kind of a made up village and attempt at making something SEEM cultural for the tourists. 

Has anyone done this to have an opinion on how this one feels?  How much time is spent in the village compared to the paradise cove?  What was the cove portion like?  TIA

Edited by zebe912

1 hour ago, Deely said:

also looking for something a little more interesting to do rather than sitting on a beach all day, very difficult to find info / reviews unfortunately

I don't think it helps that people can't reply unless they've gone on the tour.  (Which I definitely  understand, otherwise you just get a bunch of speculation).  But it is frustrating not to really be able to find out anything anywhere!  The description makes it sound like you leave the fenced in area, but then everywhere else it says no one is allowed to leave.  So...

We did this tour our very first time in Labadee. They take you on a boat to a small area where they take you to four different stops to show you a little bit of village life, however, I don't believe it's actually authentic. There were a few high pressure sales areas to be expected but overall not too bad. Then the time spent in the cove was just ok for us. It was definitely much quieter because only the tour group was there but the water is the same water on the main area. The next three times we went we only did the zip line. We typically would rather explore than just lay on a beach the entire day but we've learned that on Labadee it's better to just do that! 

6 hours ago, Deely said:

think we might just walk around by ourselves as nothing shouting out at me on the excursions list

There won't be anywhere to just walk around other than on the main beach and that is simply a beach with a few amenities, nothing cultural.