10:45pm departure...what to do with luggage?

Flamingolee

Our HAL cruise ends in Seattle. Our flight home doesn't depart until 10:45pm. We can find plenty to do in Seattle for the day, but what do we do with our luggage? Anyone have a suggestion?

Lee

Easiest suggestion is get a cheapo rental car on Priceline. Now you have transportation AND a place to store the luggage.

can you get a rental car through Priceline right at the Pier?

I would doubt it. Most Priceline rentals are airport pickup. But check Travelocity to find "alternate" pickup points in Seattle.

I just did this when we disembarked the QE2, January 11 in FLL. I had my laptop, got a wifi connection from land on the ship while we were waiting to disembark, booked the rental car through Priceline for IMMEDIATE pickup. Bid for $28.00, taxes and fees included, for the day, mid sized car.

Loaded the luggage at the pier into a taxi. Cost $14.00 Had the taxi driver drop us off in the rental car garage, AT the proper agency. DH went to the agency, signed the papers, and within 15 minutes, we were in the rental car and on our way.

I would book the car in advance in most cases, but even if you have to send one of your party to the airport to get the car while the rest wait with the luggage, you still have "luggage storage" and transport for the day. And at a MUCH cheaper price than ship transfers, etc.

Archived